Suicide and Vine

Suicide and Vine

A Poem by John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo

It lingers a twisted thought amoungsnt many.

Razorwire and green grass now sticky with most my logic soon to be erased. 

Its not self pitty just selfdestruction and a truckstop s**t hole that leads me towards something that wont be swept under carpet as easily as my past deeds.

 

Honestly if the brain were a spounge when you squeeze all from it  what  are you left with but emptyness and the burden knowing your no longer what you once were?

For some half a*s is okay.

Sunny skies and happy endings read like romance bullshit to me.

 

Pat me on the back and I''l probaly punch you right in the face I have little need for sympathy.

F**k the past you think thoose you pine for ever give a seconds thought to you?

There selfish pricks who use others like vampires of the mental sense.

They'll cry you a river just to leave you in a moments drought.

 

Yes we all yern for what can never can be.

 A childs view must die sometime my friends just as I.

Maybe we can preach if we never knew what it is to live.

But Ive never been the type to listen so save your words and hope that your well never runs dry as mine.

 

A cool breeze and warm bottel soon will my road forever be a open highways marker.

Will you cast a shadow as I yern to?

To strangers and friends both seem strange bedfellows ive seldom understood.

 

Crazy he was honestly im suprized it took this long.

So few will speak with a true idea.

Sorry is for thoose who care and ive cared far to long.

 

Another will always stand were others fell.

But none can stand the same as the one befor.

cast that shadow befor sunsets ocean embrace  known as tommorows clean slate.

 

Somethings unless in the drivers seat will never make sense.

 

 

© 2012 John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Quite strenuous but well written and point made.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Here I thought I had a bad day .. Eye opener here and though raw as the emotions read, lots of truth here. You just expressed things we try to ignore or sugar coat. Great honest emotions and a wonderful read even if you blew optimism out of the water.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Reading this was a lot like flossing with barbed wire. I think, John, I've actually lost some blood.
I'm not going to discuss the subject matter--you've left little room for anyone to do that!
There are many great poetic lines in "Suicide and Vine."
Still, you bummed me out, Gonzo. And yet, you've also well achieved poetry's primary goal of making the reader feel--even if it's like s**t!

Posted 11 Years Ago


John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo

11 Years Ago

D****t hampster I hear ya.
yeah john Sure is a depressing pain in the arse hey sometimes i go.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 30, 2012
Last Updated on July 30, 2012

Author

John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo
John Patrick Robbins AKA Gonzo

knotts Island NC, NC



About
Well im a Baroom Poet,Comedian,And full time madman of the net. Ive been a bouncer, bartender,Dj,worked many a construction job,you name I probaly did it but enough with the foreplay amigos .. more..

Writing