The Valley

The Valley

A Poem by GothicRaven
"

There is a place I know, called the Valley, but it can't be seen with your eyes. only in the mind.

"

Summer winds come in and then they go out again.

The rain starts to fall down in the valley that I know.

Then winter starts to blow in, coming closer and closer.

Roses start to freeze, as the winds return cold.

Clouds start to form in the valley that I know.

And the rivers stop flowing as ice is forming.

Darkness sets in and the place goes quite, no sound, no light, no peace in the valley that I know.

Trees start to break from the winds, the stress is setting in.

It’s only getting stronger the winds will never stop, the sun will never show, in the valley that I know.

Things haven’t changed for years, the snow keeps forming, winds keep blowing, everything is breaking, with nothing to stop it, the river never flows, and the roses are still frozen, in this valley.

Then one day a strange came and said hello, how are you today.

The valley pulled down the curtain like it always did to hide all of its cold and icy land.

The stranger didn’t even know that sun hasn’t shined in the valley for years, but the stranger kept coming back, and the valley opened up it’s curtain to show them what it truly was.

The stranger stood there for a moment, they didn’t walk away, they didn’t call it anything.

So they came back again and again in the valley.

And they never once said that it wasn’t beautiful.

Even with all the broken trees, all the frozen roses, all of its darken land

Then one day the stranger came again, the wind had stopped, the clouds have cleared, the ice is slowly melting.

Looking up the strange clearly say the beautiful night sky, so the valley showed the stranger, something that it’s never showed anyone before

And still the stranger accepted the valley.

The rivers started to flow for the first time in years, the valley grew and opened up so that others could see it.

But a giant still looms over the valley controlling it unable to set itself free.

Until once again the stranger came and told the valley it can do anything it wants to, to grow and be itself.

So it did, but will escaping the giant last.

For the valley knew that the giant would find out.

Still frozen in this valley.

The rose black like night, but what a beautiful sight.

Covered by the snow and the shadow of the unknown.

In this valley that I know.


© 2019 GothicRaven


Author's Note

GothicRaven
What does this make you think is happening.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on June 5, 2019
Last Updated on June 5, 2019
Tags: #poem, #poetry, #Metaphor, #mind

Author

GothicRaven
GothicRaven

About
I love to write and I'm going to try and publish a book at some point because I want to share the stories I make with others, even if they like them or not. more..

Writing
Void Void

A Poem by GothicRaven