Why I write

Why I write

A Poem by Beatrice Boyle (Grandma Bea)
"

I write because I must!

"

Why Do I Write?

 

I write because my heart tells me to in the wee hours of the morning when sleep eludes me. I write because these thoughts and words which are choking me...screaming to be free...must be released.

 

I write for those who mourn, or who suffer illness, to console them and say I understand. I write for the lonely...for those who have no hope, whose stories tug at my heart. Since I can't hold them close to me, I try through my poems to convince them there is hope and tomorrow will be better.

 

I write to be heard...to show I am still relevant and have viable thoughts and opinions to share with the world.  Experience is still the best teacher. I write to protest injustice wherever I find it…to be silent would be cowardly.

 

I write humorously about inconsequential, everyday situations, to bring a laugh or two into our lives.  I wrote my memoirs for my grandchild. to preserve the past for future generations. I wrote poetry to release grief and sorrow when death came to call…to help me find peace and acceptance.

 

I do not expect my work to be published…I have no allusions about my talent…I write for everyman….most of whom would shy away from the literary world and consider it elitist in the extreme…but when tragedy befalls them… take comfort in simple words of encouragement and consolation.

 

But most of all, I write for the sheer joy of it and because my soul requires it!

 

Copyright©2008 Beatrice Boyle

(All rights reserved)

 

 

© 2009 Beatrice Boyle (Grandma Bea)


Author's Note

Beatrice Boyle  (Grandma Bea)
Critique invited. - contest poem

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you Bea for your writing, I appreciate every words you write, they are very real to me, I feel the connection to your Soul from your beautiful Poems, Thank you sweetie for every word. God Bless

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 5, 2009

Author

Beatrice Boyle  (Grandma Bea)
Beatrice Boyle (Grandma Bea)

Woodcliff Lake, NJ



About
Hi from Grandma Bea. I am 81 yrs. young and have been writing for the last 25 years or so. My whole world consists of classical music, Opera ( I was a classicaly trained Soprano, singing Opera, Broa.. more..

Writing