The Girl in the Mirror

The Girl in the Mirror

A Story by GreenEyedGal
"

Mirrors reflect who we are. That's how it should be. Sometimes, we never see ourselves in it. Sometimes, we need to be lucky to do so.

"

            “T-that’s me… right?”


In front of me was a rather pretty girl. Her lips, soft and pink, a kiss hiding in each corner. Her cheeks, rosy and plump, dimples now seen clear as day, as a smile slowly starting to appear after years of being gone. Her eyes seemed to contain a twinkle to them, a shine that was very different from the dullness they displayed just seemingly moments before. Not to be vain, but she was probably a lot prettier than most of the girls I’ve seen in my life. I just couldn’t believe that the girl that I was seeing right now… is me.


            And I was wearing a dress? A beautiful dress? A dress that felt just right to wear? I never thought in my life that this day would come. And it’s here. I was actually wearing a dress and I didn't have to be afraid of taking it off. I looked in the mirror and I didn’t see the guy people were expecting to see. I saw a girl. A pretty girl. I was that pretty girl. Suddenly, that pretty girl was crying. I was crying. But I was happy. I’ve never been so happy in my life.


            “Hey, you done in there? I wanna see what you look like.”


            She said as she knocked on the bathroom wall. She was the one who told me to finally just do it. Gave me the dress and everything.


            “Wait, are you crying? I’m coming in, okay?”


And with that, she opened the door. We were now standing face-to-crying-face. We looked at each other, and she hugged me tight.


            “Are you okay hun? If this is too hard for you, we can try it another day.” She whispered comfortingly in my ear.


            I giggled. Wow… I giggled.


            “Actually, I’m feeling great right now.”


            She pulled away slightly, still keeping her arms wrapped around me, but now she had her face looking straight at me. She looked me up and down and a smile formed on her face, almost as large as the one I have one on me right now.


            “Well, I’m glad you’re feeling great. Because right now, you look damn great as well.”


            I could only smile even more and hug her back, muttering a quiet “Thank you for this,” in return.

 

© 2022 GreenEyedGal


Author's Note

GreenEyedGal
Another quick piece, made during a difficult period. Stress relief writing, if you will.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
Added on February 28, 2022
Last Updated on February 28, 2022
Tags: euphoria, happiness, acceptance, discovery, self-love, transgender

Author

GreenEyedGal
GreenEyedGal

Dasmarinas, Cavite, Philippines



About
Just another gal in the world trying to write and see if she's good enough. more..

Writing