Zombie Christmas

Zombie Christmas

A Poem by Gretle
"

Well you have heard of the "Twas The Night Before Christmas" poem haven't you? Same thin, only different. : )

"

Twas Christmas Eve, and all through the Mall, the zombies were shopping and having a ball.

Some were in stockings and hanging all out, just Christmas caroling without any doubt. 

The ugly undead all running around, regular folk were getting all wound.

 

Lucky for us, the kids were not there, we could shop till we drop without any care.

Except for those zombies, we had better beware.



Paul with his night cap, and I in my scarf, were getting upset and starting to barf.

When up there at Game Stop there arose such a clamor, we rose on the escalator to see what was the matter.  

We tore open a Pepsi and broke out my stash, when we found video games for just a bit of cash.

Then what to our wondering eyes should appear, but Plants vs. Zombies, and we started to cheer.  

 Now we knew in a moment that we must move quite quick, so we grabbed all we could

 And turn then to split.

More rapid then eagles the zombies they came. They knew we had beaten them, at their own game.

 

Now dash it all, dash it all, the games started to fall, all over the floor and into the hall.

At the top of the escalator I about hit the wall. Now dash away, dash away, I started to call.

 

We hurried away, without any good bye, leaving videos flying across the sky.

But those zombies they scared us with skin black and blue.

So back to our car, of course we flew.

 

 And then in a twinkling I heard on our roof, the scratching and pawing of each zombie move.

AS I drew in my head and was turning the car around, flop went the zombies all over the ground.

 

The zombies they stood up and followed on foot, all tattered and torn, and all covered in soot.

Bundles of toys they had flung on their backs, screaming and howling their major attacks.

 

Their eyes now were glowing; hey where you going?, they seemed to say.

Their mouths were all drooling as some stumbled and fell,

They really could not run at all very well.

 

The stump of a leg one held tight in his hand, but the blood was just flowing as he ran.

It poured from his face and a little from his belly

It just kept on flowing and looked kinda like jelly.

 

I laughed when I saw him, in spite of myself,

A wink of my eye and a twist of my head,

Soon gave me to know, I had nothing to dread.

 

I spoke not a word, but went straight to my house.

 While laying a finger aside of my nose, inside I went and the door I did close.

 

But I heard them exclaim ere they clambered out of sight,

Merry Christmas you silly, we didn’t come to fight.

Merry Christmas to you all, and to you all a good night.

© 2013 Gretle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ha! This is hilarious. I love this, very good job. This is so realistically written, I love it I love it I love it !

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Added on December 17, 2013
Last Updated on December 17, 2013
Tags: Christmas, zombie, poem

Author

Gretle
Gretle

About
I could be described in 3 words. (Creative, Scientific and Religious) more..

Writing