The Other Side of the Mirror

The Other Side of the Mirror

A Story by Artiste de Mots
"

A girl faces a horror she has not asked for, but must encounter. The question is, will she escape?

"

       I thought I was looking at myself on a bad hair day after another sleepless, nightmare filled night. Then, my nightmare came to life. What I thought was my worn-out reflection lunged at me, twisting my arm, pinning me to the ground. I heard my attacker's voice, a cruel, ear-splitting voice that sent an uneasy shiver down my spine, murmuring psychotically, "You were the only one they wanted. They didn't care about useless Mal. Everything had to be perfect. Well now they have to love me!"

       Frightened and confused, I screeched, "I don't know what you're talking about! You're mad! You're insane!" Thankfully, I practiced my self-defensive maneuvers. I jerked my arm back into its socket while flinging Mal off my back, knocking over the glass coffee table with a clamorous shatter. In the time I had bought, I sprinted upstairs to my bedroom, slammed and locked my cedar door, and nervously listened to the stranger struggling up the stairs, each step, one step closer to me.

       I searched my room for my cell phone only to discover I had left it on the kitchen counter. "Help!" I bellowed desperately. I heard Mal reach my door, breathing laboriously, twisting the brass doorknob aggressively, as I was praying she couldn't unlock it. Unfortunately, my rusted doorknob failed me, and I heard the screeching click milliseconds before the cedar door flew open. I dove to the wooden floor, scraping my knees and acquiring many splinters, curled into a ball, and screamed at the top of my lungs until I faltered, realizing I wouldn't ever scream again. Mal pulled out a shining blade of steel, and I slowly stood up and raised my arms in surrender, knowing I was helpless.

      She stretched her arm back, a smirk crossing her face, and pierced my heart, and I shivered with a sudden pain, then collapsed on the floor, limp, eyes rolled back, still wondering what I had done wrong.

      My parents should have warned me I had a reckless, Siamese twin they had rejected. They should have told me the scar on my side was the mental and physical separation we had to endure. They should have warned my identical twin was forced to be put up for adoption, was never accepted by a soul because of her violent nature, had recently escaped an insane asylum, and might return seeking revenge. Now, it was too late, and I could be easily replaced.

© 2012 Artiste de Mots


Author's Note

Artiste de Mots
It is easier to understand "scary stories" when you do not try to understand it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

VERY GOOD!!! At first I thought it was the old split personality thing but the siamese twin thing...Now thats never been done before!!! Which is shocking because EVERYTHING has been done in the horror genre...But you still add in the classic slow heart pounding walk up the stairs...The panic of being trapped and nowhere to go....If you were to add alot more content in the middle, you would have yourself an epic tale...Very good though

Posted 11 Years Ago


Artiste de Mots

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! That's exactly what I was going for. If I have time at some point (which I never .. read more
wow this is epic...i feel scared now..:o what if i have a siamese twin...creepy..good job. BRAVO! it was a well done scary story. i enjoyed reading it a lot.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Artiste de Mots

10 Years Ago

don't worry. she'll come around sooner or later... thanks! I'm glad you did.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
2 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 5, 2012
Last Updated on June 6, 2012

Author

Artiste de Mots
Artiste de Mots

I live in the Milky Way Galaxy.



About
I've gone through great lengths to try and get my art (whether theatrical, musical, physical, vocal) into the world, and this is one more way I can. I adore reading, just the way I can fall into a .. more..

Writing
Fog Fog

A Poem by Artiste de Mots