Tips to Repair Your Garage Door

Tips to Repair Your Garage Door

A Story by Garage Door Repair Winnipeg
"

Remember, you overhead door is the most important part of your house, so keep it clean and fresh.

"
A garage door is the most usable part in your house. Generally, you used it multiple times per day. To keep your garage door in proper functioning condition for years to come, it is a very important that you perform regular maintenance and preventive care. Most of the people repair and maintain garage door on their own, just to save a few bucks. It is not a wrong. Anyone can repair his own door by himself, if the problem is not big.

There are number of garage door problems that can stop your overhead door operations. If this happen to you, don’t panic. There are various solutions that might fix the problem easily and you can avoid purchasing a new garage door. Properly maintained overhead door allows you and your family convenient access to your home. Garage Door Repair Winnipeg professionals also offer safety and security against the elements.

Here are few important things that all homeowners can do.

1. Inspect the Door: Stand inside the garage and look over the every part of your door like spring, opener, cable, hinges, pulley, rollers and other little parts. Look for the sign of any damage or wear and tear. Before checking, it is good to let everyone know in your home that you are inspecting the door and it is not to be opened and closed by anyone. If you are not able to check the door, have the door inspected by a trained and professional technician.

2. Snug up all Little Parts: Because your door moves unlimited time a day, the hardware can loosen. Tighten up all the nuts and bolts of your door and check them carefully for wear and tear signs and replace where needed. Use the proper tools to tighten up the hardware.

3. Test the Balance of Garage Door: To perform the balance test, make sure you close the door first and detach the automatic opener. After detaching the opener, manually move the door halfway up. If it does not stay put, the springs are improperly balanced. If you see your garage door is not properly working, it will not last as long.

4. Lubricate all the Moving Parts: By the passing of time, your overhead door starts making a squeak and weird noise whenever you open and close the door. Lubricate is a key to garage door health. A noisy garage door makes so many problems for you and of course for your neighbors. Your lubrication process can prevent this noisy problem. Lubricate all the parts including springs, hinges, rollers, locks, and tracks.

5. Check the Cables and Tracks: Cables are responsible for lifting your overhead door. If you have found anything wrong with them, it is an essential to call a pro. Cables are extremely dangerous and you cannot repair it. On the other hand, also check the tack of your door. Make sure there is no debris or other material that create a problem when you open and shut the door.

If you are facing garage door problems, try troubleshooting possible solutions over the phone with a local overhead repair technician. If you are not able to fix it, in such situation you can hire a professional to fix the issue. You can get the help of Gulliver Garage Doors in Winnipeg. Our technicians will help you.

© 2016 Garage Door Repair Winnipeg


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on July 22, 2016
Last Updated on July 22, 2016
Tags: Garage, Door, Repair, Installation, Cable

Author

Garage Door Repair Winnipeg
Garage Door Repair Winnipeg

Winnipeg, MB, Canada



About
Garage door repair Winnipeg provides residential and commercial garage door installation, opener repair, damaged parts, spring, replacement & maintenance services in Manitoba. more..

Writing