Follow Your Dreams

Follow Your Dreams

A Story by Divya
"

As per title, this story cum essay is an effort to make us move towards our dreams.

"
Preface of "Follow Your Dreams"

As per title, this story is an effort to make us move towards our dreams. Today we are so busy in living that we stop pursuing our dreams. Or we get frightened by views of people.
FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
Follow your dreams, hold them and be a winner, even if world doesn't awards a trophy. It will relax your soul and this achievement will become your lifetime achievement. Dreams are seen by us, not by others, then why to care about their views and analyze our dreams on their opinions. Take care of your health, your valuable eyes, which enabled you to see those dreams and follow them.
Well known Story of Iracus, a boy who wanted to fly upto sun also points towards his chase of dreams. He made wax wings and flew towards his dream the "Ball of Fire" the sun. Though his wax wings melted and he had a death fall but I feel that he must have died satisfied with no unfulfilled dream. This incident made him famous, so famous that picture of his death fall was painted on an artistic piece and Auden, the great English poet wrote about it. It is also believed that idea of airplanes arrived from this incident. It's true that Iracus was not alive to see this. But his vision became vision of world and today after so many centuries his name is used by me. Truly his flight towards his dreams made him immortal.
This example is of a time when life was not so busy like today. Nowadays we fear to spare some time for ourselves as our mind which has lost its creativity, reminds us of some random work.
There is another inspiration, which comes from real life. But I am using a false name for our hero that is " The Jivan Lal." ,Respect used for the name was earned by him. Because we don't call a balloon seller by using The, Mr. or Sir, do we?
I heard about this great personality from my mother. They used their story to motivate and encourage us. I never saw him as he died when I was very young, but I have great regard for hin. I sometime wonder that how this married balloon seller, who wanted to be a lawyer managed to follow his dreams. As a balloon seller doesn't have a very bright income, neither an encouraging environment and of course not a very cool mental state. But still jivan managed to do this. His journey towards his dreams was not very easy. He lost his son as he was not able to afford medicine for him. The little child died of starvation and disease. But still he didn't break and continued. Study of L.L.B with a meager income. Reading after selling balloons and that also under street lights is of course a rocket science. Finally time came when jivan became Jivan sir as he got job of a lecturer at government college. A person who wanted to be a lawyer became law teacher. He became "The Jivan Lal" when one of his law students became leader in Bihar and another at Karnataka. Now he is no more, but his family enjoys great esteem, as his entire family is of lawyers, doctors and businessman.
This was jivan's chase for "The Jivan Lal". Major difference between us and jivan is that we get so much busy in living and defending our little self esteem that we stop following our dreams. Or we hear people and stop, but be brave and follow your dreams not only to be famous but to be satisfied. So that when u look back you have no regret of doing nothing except breathing.





© 2015 Divya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you Marie for your review

Posted 8 Years Ago


Jivan sounds like a very inspiring person. He apparently had many hardships and overcame them all to fufill his dream.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Divya

8 Years Ago

Mam thanks for reviewing this work. Jivan lal was actually a real person. He was my uncle and died m.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 27, 2015
Last Updated on June 27, 2015

Author

Divya
Divya

Ludhiana, Punjab, India



About
There is nothing to be said about me as I am what u think about me. A thought... more..

Writing
My Death Bed My Death Bed

A Poem by Divya


Smile Smile

A Poem by Divya