Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Little Angels

Little Angels

A Story by habib tory
"

short story about a boy accidentally discovers a way to treat his sick mother.

"

           Little Angels

 

 

   My name is Billy. I am standing in the lobby of World History Museum in front of a very well protected glass case. My ninth grade classmates and some other visitors of the museum are examining what’s inside that case. I am delightfully gazing at the object inside that case and remembering the day I discovered it in my parent’s kitchen. It is very elegant small glass goblet.  The importance of this goblet, according to archaeologists, is the fact that it is dated back to 5,000 BC, while the history of glass-making dates back to 3,600 BC. They couldn’t uncover anything else connected to this goblet except its ambiguous age. However, to me the significant value for this goblet is my faith that it is the thing that has cured my mother. Moreover, it is very exceptional feeling that among all the people around me, I am the only one who keeps the secret of the goblet. It’s not because I want the secret for myself, but simply because no one believed me.

   The story began exactly one year ago when I went home from school. I was alone at home. My father used to go every day after work to visit my mum at the hospital. She had a brain tumor and doctors said her condition wasn’t promising. My little sister, Suzanne, stayed at my aunt’s house until my dad picked her up. I used to visit mum couple times a week. I wasn’t good at praying but I prayed for her every night.  

   I was sıttıng at the kitchen table when I noticed a tiny shade reflected on the table right in front of me. It wasn’t clear what shape was it then it disappeared. I didn’t care much about the source of the shade because there was a window behind me and it could be a reflection of some tree leaves and branches. But I was surprised when I turned my head and saw that the curtains were fully shut and there wasn’t any light or shadow coming from the outside. Once again I thought it must had been a shade of an insect hoovering around me.

   Moments later, I was astonished to see the shade coming back but this time it was more clear. At first it looked like a small butterfly, then its wings grew bigger and became as big as a little bird. Amazingly, four more wings appeared to this thing. I was terrified. I looked around me to see what was going on. I noticed the cupboard where my mother stored special cups and goblets was half opened and there was one little distinguished goblet in the center surrounded by other cups and glassware. I looked back to the shade but it wasn’t shade any more, it was full of colors. Extremely  beautiful thing with amazing colors. I was looking at something so fascinating and charming that I could never describe. My fear faded out and I already fell in love with that thing. I wasn’t sure if it was a shadow,  spectrum or real creature, but I was fascinated by its beauty. I couldn’t visualize its head because the head was wonderfully glowing.  

    Suddenly, my mobile rang and it was my aunt. Instantly the thing vanished. My aunt told me that my mother went into a coma stage and my father was staying with her, therefore I should move to her house for few days. I couldn’t believe that I was losing my mum and I started to cry. I placed my arms and my head on the kitchen table and I fell asleep. I woke up at the phone ringing again. My aunt said she was coming to pick me up in an hour. When I straightened up and walked few steps to get some water I lost my balance and almost fell to the ground. I felt as if there was a heavy weight on my right shoulder. Of course that was a result of twisting my shoulders during my nap. (that’s what I wrongly thought)

   For a moment I thought all what happened was a dream, or may be I imagined all that. Then I glanced at the glassware cupboard and saw the little goblet. All of a sudden I saw a spark from the goblet twinkling.  

“What’s going on!” I said to myself. “ Where is this spark coming from?”       The window curtains are shut and nothing from the sunlight is coming in. Therefore I walked to the cupboard, examined the little goblet then grabbed it. Another surprise was the weight of this little thing. At first I thought it was glued but when I carried it I realized that it was  extraordinary heavy. All this was happening while I was still feeling the heaviness on my right shoulder. I felt some muscle relief when I put the goblet on the table. I started to check it out assuming that there was something in its bottom that made it so heavy. There was nothing unusual in the bottom or any other part. However, there was an elegant thin stripe surrounding the goblet. It wasn’t clear what was on the stripe but It looked like tens of little stars, or figures were lined up. I decided to wash the goblet so I could see better what was on the stripe. the instant the water touched the goblet it became as light as a paper cup. That was extremely stunning, unbelievable matter. I wondered what kind of material that goblet was made of. I turned off the water and the goblet gradually became very heavy again. This time I filled it with water and put it on the kitchen table. I brought a magnifying lens to examine the stripe closely. What I saw was the most astonishing so far. Tens of the most beautiful figures I have ever seen. Exactly like the thing (shade) that came to me earlier. They were alive and spirited, real creatures. They were neatly lined up one next to another, each one in its place except for one place that was empty. One of those creatures was missing. I remembered the one I saw earlier then suddenly my right shoulder was recovered from the heavy weight I was feeling. I looked again at the stripe of the creatures but I couldn’t see the empty space any more. I wasn’t afraid looking at those creatures, on the contrary, I had the feeling that they were friendly creatures and they wanted something from me.

 “What do you want from me?” I asked them. “What are you?”

  Once again my right shoulder became very heavy then I saw the empty space again on the stripe. then, I was definite that the creature jumped on my shoulder and it wanted something from me. But what are they and how to communicate with them? Then I decided to drink the water from the goblet, but still nothing happened.

  I started thinking and asking myself if I was dreaming , but I knew I wasn’t that mixed up to be confused between reality and dream. Of course everything was real and those creatures are real and I believe they are here for an important reason. So I decided to give them a name instead of calling them creatures. I named them little angels. When I said those words to myself I felt the little angels were talking back to me. Just by feeling their thoughts I understood they came to help my mum. They knew that I didn’t believe, then I felt them telling me to go visit mum and to take the goblet with me.

  When my aunt came I asked her to take me to see my mum. When we were there the goblet was in my back bag. I felt its weight and I felt what the little angels wanted me to do, so I did exactly what they asked me to do. I placed the goblet on the small table next to my mother’s head. When we went to aunt’s house I didn’t feel any weight on my shoulder and my mind was so clear and in comfort. The next day early in the morning my dad called and told us that mum was awake and she was getting better. Before noon we were with mum and dad in the hospital and looked at my mum’s eyes and cried then I looked at the goblet and smiled and said “thank you little angels” everybody looked at me and wondered whom I was talking to.

  One week later my mum was at home. Of course no body believed my story about little angels and the goblet. How could they believe it without seeing or feeling anything of what I saw. To everybody the goblet was normal with normal weight even after washing it many times. Nobody could see anything on the stripe except little stars that were lined up.

 However, when my father’s friend at the museum examined the goblet he discovered its value as a very old piece of glass. In fact people of the museum were astonished of its age. Therefore my dad decided to grant the goblet to the museum.

  When I used to look at the stripe I used to see my little angels. But one thing I noticed that was unusual is that there were two spaces missing on the stripe.

 

 

                 End of story

© 2020 habib tory


Author's Note

habib tory
first draft

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

16 Views
Added on June 2, 2020
Last Updated on June 2, 2020

Author