Snorting wasabi

Snorting wasabi

A Story by Hachamecha

Levas looked at the menu in disinterest. The waiter hovered by, poised to take their order .

“How may I take your order?” The waiter asked, his Japanese accent showing strongly through his English.

“Blue marlin sashimi, outoro maguro, two miso soups, and agari for the kid,” he replied, his eyes unfocused as he stared at the menu.

The waiter’s pleasant smile’s upped its beam. “Hai.”

In an instant, there was somebody carrying their order in, and put them on the table before them. The second waiter bowed, then left.

When the waiter left after making sure everything was satisfactory, Levas rocked the miso soup around, and Nezumi watched him with a hint of curiosity.

“Your miso soup fortune today is~” He took a dramatic pause, and she motioned him to continue.

“Your demise will soon find you if your wasabi has any say in it,” he finished all sarcastically.

    “Your miso soup fortune is never wrong, brother.”
    Levas raised an eyebrow. “Never doubt the powers of miso soup.”

Nezumi Fosgive sighed, then proceeded to look around the restaurant with hidden awe. She never was really affected by all the expensive furnishings, but she had to admit the smells of sushi and what not made her mouth water. She glanced at the elegant, yet simple array of pinks and oranges, with hints of green on her plate with a predator like gaze. They called out to her, ‘eat me!,’ and she was happy to submit to their wishes. But she waited, fingering the soft and plush white chair with her index finger and thumb. Her gaze wandered off to the wasabi in the corner, next to the colorful ginger shavings. She picked up her hand-painted chopsticks, and poked at the green gob.

Wasabi was taboo to Nezumi. They tasted alright, and she loved the color, but it was how it oddly burned her that had made it seem almost alien-like. She did love spicy food, and she practically adored the spices enriching the cultural foods of Mexico. She ignored the temptation to clutch her nose as she recalled the memory of first eating wasabi, as she poked the alien-gob again. It burned her nose, and left tears in her eyes. Her brother, sitting on the opposite side from her, just like now, had just watched and laughed, earning a week full of dangerous plots of revenge . She then looked piteously at the lone wasabi, wondering where all the world’s unwanted wasabi went.

Levas Fosgive watched idly as his younger sister by 10 years, as she did her ritualistic wasabi-poke. His green eyes hid nothing as he inspected the room. His left cheek leaned against his fist, elbow propped on the table. Finally, he spoke.

“It was nice for Jida to give us a free meal here, don’t you think?” He spoke with an air of confidence, and it drew Nezumi away from her wasabi pokings.

“Yes. The food here is quite nice.” She looked at the lump of a once beautifully shaped wasabi on her plate. Now it really looked like a tiny little alien, with all the bumps and craters. While absentmindedly gazing at the lump, an idea formed into her head, slowly smiling as she lifted her reddish-gold eyes to meet Levas’s green ones, which were the same as the green tea next to her sushi platter.

Levas leaned forward to meet his sister’s gaze. She passed him a knowing look. A chill ran up his spine. She had thought up a dare! He leaned back and sighed, as he recalled all the stupid things he had done, and they were all her ideas. The mountains of chairs, the uni challenge, and the cinnamon challenge, except with a bunch of cinnamon. That was quite painful.

She said in a low, hushed voice, her usually dead eyes lighting up, “snort the wasabi. I dare you.” Her eyes glinted as she picked up the wasabi with her chopsticks, and put them on his plate.

    “Now now. Do you remember what happened to my friend Miles? You dared him to go out on the roof in the middle of winter with his ski’s off. The kid went flying, went through the fence, and hit that poor old woman on the other side. They went to the hospital, remember? They were both severely injured.You had actually killed his dare devil heart, and he was one of the most devoted man!”
    Nezumi sighed .The fact that Miles, who used to be a hard core dare devil, now a sissy by her fault, was one of her brother’s favorite stories to tell.
    She gazed at him slowly, and her lips curled. “Shame. I thought you were better than that, brother. Finding an excuse to get out of a dare now, Levas?”

He smiled, the corners of his mouth rising in a clown like grin. “Interesting.” Without a moment’s thought, he picked up the wasabi, and forcefully inhaled it through his nose.  

Nezumi’s grin widened as her brother’s eyes widened along. He sneezed, staining the napkin Nezumi thoughtfuly placed in front of his face. Tears marked their way down his cheeks, and his feet started to dance as he silently suffered. She laughed silently, clutching her stomach as she watched the spectacular show.  

    The waiter, oblivious to the show, hurriedly walked past with chopsticks on a platter, tripped on Levas’s feet, sending the chopsticks towards the chef with a blowtorch. The waiter screeched, nursing himself as he yelled, “sumimasen!”
    The chef turned around, to look for the culprit who threw chopsticks at his head. He had momentarily forgotten that he had a blowtorch in his hands, and when he turned around, he set his partner on fire.
    It took the second chef a moment to realize that he was a human torch. He screamed, and grabbed cloth to stamp it out, when he should have just dropped down and start rolling. The cloth caught on fire, and the chef’s scream echoed throughout the restaurant. A second waiter ran in, a bucket of water in his hands, and threw it on the second chef, putting out the human torch, as well as the now blackened cloth.
    The first chef, freaked out, ran to his partner, but slipped theatrically, and was thrown to one of the supporting beams. The beam cracked, and crashed down, and the ambassador of Japan himself graced them all with an ear splitting yell. “Nanishiterunda!!!!”
    As all this happened, Nezumi hid a smile as Levas still spazed. Nezumi sighed, and relaxed into her chair, watching everything like it was one big production. She looked at her brother, who was doing a bad imitation of a tap dancer while clutching his nose. Green was dripping from his nostrils, and Nezumi had to stop the tears from exploding from her face, along with laughter.  
    One of the ambassador’s bodyguard stood up, looking at the all the panicking people. He had blocked the bar from crushing the ambassador, and now was looking a bit tired from this mess. He breathed in deeply, and Nezumi looked at him in interest.
    “GET BACK! AWAY FROM THE AMBASSADOR!!!” His shout silenced the restaurant. The command was repeated in other languages, so foreigners would get the point. A second bodyguard, who looked quite fox like, noticed Levas. Nezumi sighed, and ran a hand through her blue medium long hair. Levas recovered after noticing all the damage he had caused. He looked at the advancing fox bodyguard, wiped his nose and stood up.
    “Well, looks like we gotta bail,” he said, grinning like a fool.
    Nezumi cooly gazed back at her older brother. She wasn’t fooled. She knew he brother was scared, and wanted to get out as soon as possible. She sighed, and warily stood up, following her brother out the door. She paused mid step, then turned around, mournfully staring at her seat. She wanted to eat more. She was tempted to stay, but then caught the sight of fox bodyguard, and sighed. Suddenly needing more amusement, she clapped for everyone’s attention.
    She smiled angelically, a smile that deceived many souls, and many more to come. She cleared her throat, and clasped her hands in front of her. All eyes were on her, waiting for the blue haired pixie to start talking.
    “When doing a dare
    make sure to take care.
    but when snorting wasabi,
    make sure to disagree.
    or avoid tripping the waiter,
    to prevent a  war detonator.
    because when it comes to foreign relations,
    snorting wasabi can cause deportations,
    from attempting assassinations in Japanese territory
    it can severely dampen a dare devil’s glory.”
    She bowed, and skipped out the restaurant, leaving the natives question what had just happened the last 10 minutes.  
   

© 2012 Hachamecha


Author's Note

Hachamecha
Friend's idea. I just added on~

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hilarious story. I could actually imagine it as the opening to an anime.

You need to do a bit of editing still, just words that don't belong spelt correctly but were the wrong words eg. They tasted alright, and she loved the color. - It tasted alright, and she loved the color.

Send me a read request if you continue with this story please.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a devilish little girl, that Nezumi...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

387 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 22, 2012
Last Updated on February 22, 2012

Author

Hachamecha
Hachamecha

Ledyard, CT



About
I don't write much anymore. I will though. I'll find my muse. She just died along with my will. 39~ -Hachamecha more..

Writing
Idea s Idea s

A Story by Hachamecha


Moving Moving

A Poem by Hachamecha


Obsura Obsura

A Poem by Hachamecha