Finding Happiness where it is.

Finding Happiness where it is.

A Story by Hack1000

I fretted over my failures last week.

I got impatient with God for my shortcomings.
 
I called myself weak and ineffective.

I looked back over my "career" and noted it's complete lack of advancement.

   My attitude was slightly elevated after church; It was 70 deg and sunny so I started the Harley and rode off into the mystic (thank you, Mr. Van Morrison for that empowering, healing song). After a few miles at 60 or so, my disposition began to change and a little joy began to emerge in spite of my determination to remain sullen (I look cooler on the bike that way).
  The wind was like a soothing balm to my very soul. My joy grew into a childlike wonder as I smelled the air at a 65mph level of compression and drank in the scenery. I waved my left arm in the air, letting it rise and fall with the pitch of my hand. I could hold it no longer; I threw my head back and laughed, "This just plain ole kicks A*S! HA HA HA!" I've learned once again that God has given me opportunities for joyous repose amid the parameters He's set for my life. As I trudge along, carrying the full load of cares and worries of a man in his middle years, sometimes I forget where to look for them.

© 2014 Hack1000


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on April 15, 2014
Last Updated on April 15, 2014
Tags: happiness, discouragement, middle age, serenity, peace, life, motorcycles

Author

Hack1000
Hack1000

OR



About
I grew up in the mid-western United States but have spent my adult years west of the Sierras. I've always had a fondness for short stories and recently have been encouraged by others to try my hand .. more..

Writing
The Alarm The Alarm

A Story by Hack1000


The dog The dog

A Story by Hack1000


White Tiger White Tiger

A Chapter by Hack1000