Serendipity

Serendipity

A Story by Hamsa Priya

 The bell kept ringing in his ears for a few more seconds, even after it had stopped. It was 4 pm and Mr. Lannister waited for young master Sebastian to come. Exactly after two minutes, a ten year old boy came walking toward the black Mercedes Benz. Gloomily he handed over his school bag to Mr. Lannister, disregarding his greetings for the evening. Waiting no more, young Sebastian got inside and in no time did he find himself on the move.

On his way back to home, he saw little kids playing in the park. Although he missed all of the happy time, all he could feel was hatred.. inexplicable anger and hatred! As the car moved swiftly around the park, young Sebastian watched a little girl in the swings. Her father was pushing her farther, and she seemed to have the prettiest blissful smile he had ever seen. It was like, her happiness had possessed him, when he saw her. And she was tightly holding the spider man toy in her right hand. He rested both his hands on the side window of the car and watched the girl in the swings until they moved far far away..

For eleven months he watched the happy girl with the spider man toy, in the swings, with her father. as he was driven back home every evening. One day as he crossed the park, he saw the happy girl standing alone. Sebastian made the car stop and got down as fast as he could, and walked towards her. Seeing him walk towards her made her nervous and she squeezed the toy in her hand as hard as she could. For the first time in eleven months, he saw the happy girl looking at him, straight through his eyes. The moment was magical.. He saw her cheeks turn pink and he blinked in awe. She smiled a little bit, when Sebastian snatched away her spider man. She started to scream and her daddy came to her from nowhere. He looked at the monster who snatched away his baby's toy and decided to teach him manners. That was when Mr.Lannister showed up with his fancy wallet. The daddy decided to let the boy have the toy and walked away with his daughter. Mr.Lannister pulled young Sebastian on the other side. As he turned, he saw the happy girl tearfully walking away, he was happy that day, and she was crying!!

Two years had passed by, and Sebastian still watched the happy girl in the park, with her daddy, without a toy, every evening. One evening he mustered up the courage and walked to her, intending to talk. The daddy watched him come near her and stepped forward in reflex. Sebastian looked at him, and then spoke to the happy girl, who peeked from behind her dad.  "I am Sebastian" he said looking at her. Her father stepped aside, curious, yet protective. The happy girl mumbled something indistinctly. He continued, "I wanna be friends with you". She looked at her father, who did not take his eye away from him. "Can I have my Spidey back?" she asked. Those were the words from the girl with the sweetest voice he heard for the first time. He couldn't but smile, and she turned pink again, when he said "No!" Her smile faded and her dad took her away from him the second time. This time, she turned back and looked at him angrily, still walking away!

It was four years after that, she saw a Mercedes standing outside of the restaurant she served, part time, every single day. The happy girl finished up her work and walked in the streets when Sebastian decided to give her company. "Katie, why aren't you talking to me?" he asked. "When have I ever spoken to you?" she asked back.

 "I am, in fact wondering the same!" She did not respond. He asked again, "Is it because I didn't give back your Spidey?" She did not know what to respond, for the actual reason she was mad at him, was because of the Spidey!! "I will wait for you to talk to me, Katie!! However long it takes!!!!" he whispered. She stared at him, like he was the most annoying creature on the planet. Then a guy came and joined her, with whom she parted off with. It was her boyfriend. The next day, she saw the Mercedes again. Days passed by and she saw Sebastian everyday. She found ignoring him to be better than storming at him. Few days later, her boyfriend showed up at her work. He was upset about something and he intervened, when she was conversing with her daddy. He started yelling at her father, when Katie got in the middle of them. He pushed her away and she fell down hitting her head. Her dad helped her up, that was when Sebastian showed up. As the guy looked at him, her father punched him in his face. Humiliated, the boyfriend walked away. "Have some respect for yourself, Katie" he heard her dad telling her that. Then Sebastian walked following the bad boyfriend. No sooner did he catch up, did Sebastian end up getting punched. Katie pulled him aside and faced her boyfriend eye to eye. "I don't ever want to see you again!!" he bellowed. Katie said mockingly, "I'm glad that the feeling is mutual!"

Sebastian looked at Katie. She was smiling.. and he had a nice feeling about his life from then on.

© 2015 Hamsa Priya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on October 24, 2015
Last Updated on October 24, 2015

Author

Hamsa Priya
Hamsa Priya

Singapore



About
I'm a freelance writer, big time fan of fiction , solo traveler and a coffee lover. more..

Writing
Frenzy Frenzy

A Story by Hamsa Priya