The Kid's Guitar

The Kid's Guitar

A Story by HanahWhist
"

Sometimes it's hard to give compliments, other times it's hard to keep them. Sometimes, both parties have to take a step out of their comfort zone in order to make things work.

"

            Kelton Ladsen sat in his room listening to the sound of a guitar floating through the air. “She’s pretty good.” He closed his eyes and tilted his head, enjoying the soft strums coming from the other room. A small smile found its way onto his lips when he heard Hanah begin to sing to the melody she had formed. Kelton had heard this one before, and without him even realizing, he had begun to sing along. After all the arguments, the misunderstandings, and the messed up apologies, it was nice to hear something that truly made him feel relaxed. Before he knew it though, the song was over and he heard the clicks of the buckles on the case being opened. For some reason, the sound of the guitar being returned to it’s home bothered him. So he decided to get up and have a chat with her.

              Hanah looked up when she heard the door open and froze when she saw that it was Kelton who stood in the doorway.

“Hey…”

All was quiet for a moment as Kelton tried to think of the best way of asking her to continue with the guitar. Hanah on the other hand was going through something that wasn’t unlike a heart attack.

“That was… really good, why’d you stop?”

Hanah had had her eyes cast to the ground but looked up when she heard him say that. Then her face began to turn red as she realized that he had heard her playing and singing.

“It’s been a while… since I’ve heard you sing like that. You’re really good.” He crossed him arms, unable to look Hanah in the eyes.

“Thanks, Kelton.” Hanah grinned. A big smile that reached her eyes. And that, is the exact moment that Kelton Ladsen fell in love �" again �" with the girl with brown eyes and shiny black hair and a smile that made him forget… everything.

Kelton definitely wasn’t expecting that kind of reaction from her to something he said.

“Can you play another?” He asked.

“Of course.” And with a smile Hanah reached back into the case for her guitar. She sat down on her bed, guitar propped up on her leg. She paused, thinking of the song she would play just because he asked. She sat there smiling, thinking…. Then it came to her, just like that. Kelton watched as her fingers moved on the neck of the guitar, smoothly changing from one chord to the other. He watched as Hanah’s other hand started strumming, pulling out the melody. Kelton wondered where she had learned to play like that. His eyes closed as her lips parted and she began to sing, “Can you feel the love tonight?”

© 2017 HanahWhist


Author's Note

HanahWhist
This is a short little fanfic I wrote when I was like 15. I've changed the names and re-written a couple parts so it's not the fanfiction one anymore. How's the dialogue? Does it make sense who's talking? I hope the proper tone is coming through.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
Added on July 20, 2017
Last Updated on July 20, 2017
Tags: cute, shortstory, forfun

Author

HanahWhist
HanahWhist

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada



About
Amateur writer. I've recently found it's really cathartic, inserting myself into the little ideas that float through my head. So most of my postings will be short stories. Constructive criticism alway.. more..

Writing