my life

my life

A Story by hania azhar
"

its about my life. And my struggles to live it.

"

               My whole life is a mess. I hate the fact that nothing in my life is right and I can not even achieve my goal. I had a goal in life.  I knew I could do anything I wanted. And I mean anything. Ok. So now if we go back a little I am in 9th grade. I do not like studying. I do not want to study. Infact I didn’t need good marks because back then I had no goal in my life. I scored pretty well (437/550), but that was according to me. According to my dad and my mom it was the worst. They said I didn’t score like I could. I knew that too but why the hell do you need good grades if you don’t have a goal? I couldn’t understand that.

               Ok so then I cry like hell because my parents weren't happy with me. And believe me there is nothing as bad as that. So when I get promoted to 10th. I start thinking that I should study. Only, because that’s the only thing, that would make my parents happy. So out of nowhere I realize that obviously I am gonna lose my friends if I don’t get admitted in the same college as them. So now I do have a goal. DON’T LOSE YOUR FRIENDS. The only way that I won’t lose them is I get admitted in Fauji Foundation College for Girls (FFCG). So I thought I had to study hard, because getting into ffcg? Not an easy job especially with a score of 437 in 9th. And I do. Because I told you I only need a goal. Working on that? Not the hardest job for me. Ok so the whole 10th grade I study pretty damn hard and only have one goal in mind. FFCG. I discuss my goal with baba. We have a good talk.  He tells me if only I can score 910/1050 I would be able to get into ffcg. So I set my goal for 910. Now probably you’re thinking was 910 the merit of getting into ffcg. As a matter of fact, it wasn’t. I am a hafiza and I get 20 marks in board exam for that. That makes it 930. And because I was studying in ffcg I would get 10 marks because I was their own student. That makes it 940. My father said 940 would get me into ffcg. I believed him and did all the calculations. One thing that you should know is that I do what I WANT to do not what I SHOULD do. And whatever you say I would never do what I don’t want to do. So the subjects I hated I did not study them. I just tried to score full marks in others or 2, 3 marks less. That would cover me for the subjects I did not study.

               The plan was perfect. It went perfect. And I scored 909. Well, obviously I was ecstatic. Nothing could be more perfect. I got the score that I wanted. What could possibly go wrong? I thanked God like I should have. I was insanely happy. And all my friends were insanely happy because after scoring 437 in 9th no one thought that I could come to the merit for ffcg. All my friends scored more than me. They had in 9th. We all knew that they would get into ffcg. The only problem was me. That was solved for sure. Atleast we thought it was. Then the merit list for ffcg was out. That’s when everything went wrong. Their first list ended on 980. I thought that still I had a chance. There was a second list. And there WAS a second list. But it ended on 960. And that was it. There was no third list. I hoped and hoped but there wasn’t. There, I missed the only chance to study and meet everyday with the best people alive. I was devastated. I had absolutely no purpose to live. I wanted to die. There was nothing in my life, that I had wanted this much. I told myself there were better plans that Allah had made for me. I convinced myself that something good was going to happen with me. I asked Allah everyday that why was he keeping me alive?  That if I don’t wanna live why I had to. And then I lost interest in everything. Nothing in my life was right. Nothing has ever been since then. But that was one year ago. Now I am in 1st year in Global College for Girls. And all my friends are in ffcg. The days of my depression started after the last day that I met my friends. The day my depression ended was the day when I met my friends after three something months. Nothing in my life has been more wrong than this. I couldn’t see my friends everyday. But it was still fine. My dad permitted me to meet them often like once a month. But that went on only for three months. Then we were busy in studying, because 1st year is already very short. And we had to study. But I was again at the same point I had been in 9th. I HAD NO GOAL. Then when I came out of my depression, I started thinking about my life. Life does not end on your friends. I had to have a goal. Oh I forgot to tell, I had taken admission in pre medical. But that wasn’t my choice of subjects. That was a choice made by Allah for me. And I don’t regret it.

               Ok so I thought what I liked most in life that was related somewhat to my field too. I had always loved army. My field was medical. So I decided I had to be an army doctor. So I go, on the first day of college, with full determination of being an army doctor. I knew that I could do anything I wanted. And I mean anything. Another thing that you should know that when I completed my hifz at the age of 7, I was declared world champion hafiz-e-quran. And when anyone had ever taken my test, I never made a mistake. But then because I was so intelligent, according to my parents, I could easily go in the 5th class. And I wouldn’t need to study primary classes to pass in the 5th class. But what went wrong here was that when I went into 5th class, I was under so much pressure that I didn’t revise quran that often. And that was the biggest mistake in my life. Because when you forget quran, it’s so much harder to learn it a second time.

               So we go back to the first day of college. I was sad because I was not with my friends. But that didn’t stop me from studying. Because I still had a goal in my mind that I had to achieve. First two months went pretty well. I scored well. I made some friends not as good as before. But then I wasn’t that sad. I was doing well. I wasn’t exactly happy but I hoped I would be one day. What could possibly go wrong? But then it occurred to my father that I had to learn my quran again. And because doing quran and 1st year at the same time was not quite possible. So my dad decided that I won’t give the board exams for 1st year. So when I thought nothing in my life could go wrong anymore. I was wrong. Here I am writing about my life when everyone else is busy studying for 1st year, because board exams are near and they have a GOAL to achieve.

© 2016 hania azhar


Author's Note

hania azhar
i have done my best :) what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your explanation is mostly clear, but there are some places that sound repetitive & other places where things don't quite make sense to someone who isn't in the same school system (so this could use more explanation in places, to make sense to everyone, how your school system works). But after reading this, I feel that you would not be open to anyone's comments, so why should I waste my time? You already told us you only do what you want to do. So you will probably blow me off & forget anything I might say.

Here's the thing I would say, if I thought you cared or would listen to anyone's idea of life, other than your own. It sounds like you are determining your life on only OUTSIDE stuff. You are letting life push you around, as you only respond to these markers that someone else has defined for your life. I believe that a person needs to do well for self-satisfaction. This is the way to life so that you don't get depressed every time things don't go according to your expectations. Life NEVER goes according to our expectations, so we need to have an internal compass that guides us.

Since I believe you're going to blow me off anyway, I'll stop here. I hope you find your way.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hania azhar

8 Years Ago

The thing is that there are times in your life that you wanna just say it all. Everything that has b.. read more
barleygirl

8 Years Ago

Yes, I agree. When I was at my worst point these past 5 years, I wrote a letter to God where I felt .. read more
hania azhar

8 Years Ago

Yeah. That's exactly the point I wanted to mention. Thank you so much for helping me when you though.. read more



Reviews

What I have gathered after reading this is that you are low on self esteem.
Being a parent of a girl who is about your age, I can understand the stress that you have to go through to meet their expectations.
It is indeed very sad when parents expect their children to excel in studies. Every student cannot be number one. Every one is unique and has their own talent.
The added pressure of learning the Quran by heart would definitely have affected your studies.
I would advise you not to take on so much pressure. Experience tells me that those who have been average students have excelled in life.
If being an army doctor is what impresses you, means you DO have an aim and a goal. That is all the more reason to study hard and achieve it.
If you fail to obtain the required marks, don't get disheartened. There are many other fields of study.
Believe in yourself and believe in the God who has created you. He will never make you suffer.
What you really need is a mother or sister who can talk to you and understand you. If they are not on the same wave length as you then you need a good and understanding friend. You need to express yourself and let it all out.
God bless you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hania azhar

8 Years Ago

Yes, you are right. I do have a goal and I am struggling to achieve it. I just need to gather some c.. read more
Your explanation is mostly clear, but there are some places that sound repetitive & other places where things don't quite make sense to someone who isn't in the same school system (so this could use more explanation in places, to make sense to everyone, how your school system works). But after reading this, I feel that you would not be open to anyone's comments, so why should I waste my time? You already told us you only do what you want to do. So you will probably blow me off & forget anything I might say.

Here's the thing I would say, if I thought you cared or would listen to anyone's idea of life, other than your own. It sounds like you are determining your life on only OUTSIDE stuff. You are letting life push you around, as you only respond to these markers that someone else has defined for your life. I believe that a person needs to do well for self-satisfaction. This is the way to life so that you don't get depressed every time things don't go according to your expectations. Life NEVER goes according to our expectations, so we need to have an internal compass that guides us.

Since I believe you're going to blow me off anyway, I'll stop here. I hope you find your way.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hania azhar

8 Years Ago

The thing is that there are times in your life that you wanna just say it all. Everything that has b.. read more
barleygirl

8 Years Ago

Yes, I agree. When I was at my worst point these past 5 years, I wrote a letter to God where I felt .. read more
hania azhar

8 Years Ago

Yeah. That's exactly the point I wanted to mention. Thank you so much for helping me when you though.. read more
Expect the worst,
Prepare for the worst,
Keep writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hania azhar

8 Years Ago

thank you :')

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2016
Last Updated on April 26, 2016

Author

hania azhar
hania azhar

Rawalpindi, Pakistan



About
I am 17 years old. I write because writing gives me pleasure and it lightens my heart. I want to be a great writer one day and this website could help me do that. :) more..

Writing
Not that Not that

A Poem by hania azhar



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cruel Summer Cruel Summer

A Poem by redzone