Skull Prison

Skull Prison

A Poem by HareRama

Peering out into the crowd and those companions around him, he can see and hear what they say, processing it without hesitation while thoughts of morose memories and condemned futures flow over their laughter and misguided attempts at escape.
He knows that he can't leave. 
His prison is his own mind and there is nothing that has freed him yet except one beautiful shadowy woman. 
He knows her well and can see the looks on her face. 
Each small gesture she makes is a new and foreshadowing tale along with each expression on her face that portrays the true emotions she won't let show. 
The simple ways she moves her hands and speech are far more than intriguing and have a rough but fragile beauty about them.
Such a strife filled life she has led to end up here and more than an accomplishment to even be able to smile. 
This is the only way he can make the bone prison open. 
His mind has finally found something he can love more than himself. 
What more could he ask for? 
Never has he needed anyone or ever thought he would but, if he is to ever have his tethers to his mind shattered and truly see what is around him, he will need her.

© 2017 HareRama


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on October 8, 2016
Last Updated on June 10, 2017

Author

HareRama
HareRama

Auburn, AL



About
I just like to write metaphorical and symbolic free verse. This is just a place to save it. more..

Writing
Fragility Fragility

A Poem by HareRama