Where the romance and coffee brews..

Where the romance and coffee brews..

A Story by Hariharun Ramesh
"

A subtle romantic conversation between a couple

"
      As the rays of the sun wiped the streets of the city,as the fresh coffee was brewing,the day started off,fresh and bright.There was an old café over the corner of the street with the glass windows that extended throughout the length of the wall,through which the magnificent view of the café was revealed.It was enhanced with those bright golden lights which implored the exquisite beauty of the café.Over the corner of the café,was a table that had a perfect view over those broad extended streets.Amidst that busy day morning,there was a girl who sat in that table,so subtle and calm,whose exquisite brown round eyes were so restless that they never missed to sweep through the faces that crossed the café.Each and every face seemed to be the same as that of the face, she knew for all these years.Yet she couldn't resist herself in skimming through all the faces that passed by.




        When her long wavy hair, gathered up in the air and brushed over her soft cheeks to reach her lips, her round eyes widened and captured something that she was missing for such a long time.She realized that she was craving for this moment,which she didn't realize till that moment.

        The whole world stood still for a while.All she could hear was her heartbeat and the heavy breath that was gushing in and out of her when he came closer and closer.He closed the gap between them,as he came nearer to her,she could smell the flowers he brought and the whiff of his body.When all it was,was a very thin film of air that separated those two,she sprung on him and hugged him tightly,that the air between them,suffocated.Her tears wetted his shirt,the one which he wore, the first time they met.As she stood spell bound, he blew a kiss on her soft little cheeks and wiped her tears off.

        They both sat over that table and all he can see was her blushing with those brown chiseled sharp eyes,which did the same thing too."Can we get anything other than the blushes?" he asked.She chuckled and gave a glance that his heart skipped a beat, as the sun's light carved her eyes."So,the usual cappuccino with your favorite freshly brewed cocoas?!" he asked with a voice,so deep that she missed to hear for such a long time.They started with their cup of coffee.

      

      

          "I still cant realize that you are sitting here...with me.I still feel it like a dream abhay.."she relieved."Likewise,my dear aditi.I wished that the time could have run faster so that I could have met you much earlier.I missed you a lot,aditi.I doubt that I'd be incomplete if I missed these eyes which adorned me more than I did"he said as he relished on the well blended coffee powder inside each of the creamy milk bubble

       They started to talk about the life which was so empty,in the absence of one another.They looked at one another and realized that the time can be contained.Even the customers passed by,the cars flew over the roads and the billing machine dinged each and every time,but the time in their corner of the table never passed by.

          "I guess this might be so hard to put up in a proper way,but its high time I have to tell you this"he started . She looked puzzled as she didn't know what he was talking about.Yet her eyes helped her out to say what she intend to ask.

        "Aditi..."he started with a deep voice that passed chill through her veins"I guess the time has come for both of us to lead our lives in our own ways and to be matured enough to look forward to whatever that comes in our ways" he said hesitantly."Yeah.you are right abhay.But aren't we looking into our own lives already?We got a job..we are earning in the way we planned for..Everything is at a good pace,abhay!"she said."Why cant you look me in the eye and say what you are about to say,abhay?!You don't do it unless you hide something.What's bothering you?"

                 As the situation heated up,the coffee turned cold in the air.

         "No I am not aditi.I am totally fine.I just want you to know that there is always a better life for us than what we have now.Don't you think aditi?There is always something better than the other one and I guess our life would be better in the way it was before".

        "But why do we have to come to a conclusion with the errors that we make,abhay?Aren't there any moments which we wished,could have just stayed as such,so that we could have been the way we were?"asked aditi clenching her hands into his trembling hesitant fingers.

        "Oh!Stop this..aditi!!"said the furious abhay,pulling out his hands from her tight hold and stood up.There was a moment of silence between them.Aditi curled melancholic ."Look aditi,There will be a point in life where everyone has a choice to cling on something by leaving the other one which was so important to them.You told me this when I lost a huge share in my company,remember?You made me realize what was important in life than anything else,at that time,aditi.But why cant you be grow up now and think in a matured way,to understand what I am trying to say?"

         Her bright curvy eyes shrunk with anguish and sorrow to a crescent moon that even the rain came in to console her."See,even the weather doesn't play the way we wished to aditi!" exclaimed abhay seeing the rain in a bright day light.Through the bright light, her tears gleamed like a shining molten gold."Please don't cry,aditi.I know you will get a better life that satisfies your expectation.I'm sorry for putting you through this aditi.It is always tough to say good bye as you say"said abhay leaving her,amidst the pool of coffee tables and glass windows.She was completely helpless and couldn't ask him to stay as she knew that he wouldn't be ready to listen anymore when he is strong about something he has decided.All she could do was weep turning her skin pale as the kajal flowed through her cheeks painting it black.

      "Its gonna be hard to do it aditi.but..."cried abhay from the entrance door,tracing his steps back to her.He came near her and knelt in front of her.He took something out of his pocket,saying "But..you never left with me a choice meri jaan.After all these years,you stood beside me at all times and you never ever gave up on me aditi.I wish to have your hands inside mine to walk through the rest of my life,through the sorrows and joyous moments....Aditi Subramaniam, Will you marry me?"

        With her weepy tired brown eyes,all she saw was her man kneeling in front of her,tears in his eyes and a ring in his hand.She was startled to see the ring that her eyes brightened up and she stood up thoughtlessly.She took some time to return back to existence and she bestowed a kiss on her man's smooth silky head while his head was near her bosom."Don't you ever make fun of me,you idiot"said aditi,taking the ring in her finger.




© 2017 Hariharun Ramesh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

247 Views
Added on January 25, 2017
Last Updated on January 25, 2017
Tags: roamance, couple, coffee, alone, beauty, poetic, prose, story, indian, desi, abhay, aditi, cars, café

Author

Hariharun Ramesh
Hariharun Ramesh

Salem, India



About
An amateur writer who is inspired to bring out the world of illusion through his colloquy more..

Writing