You on repeat, regretfully

You on repeat, regretfully

A Poem by Harlequinholly
"

I wrote this on a plane, 7 vodkas deep.

"
You are the air. You are everywhere.
And I want to suffocate.
I refuse to breathe air.
I refuse to breathe you.
In out. In out.
For months.
Only you.
Well I'm done now.
I want oxygen. I need oxygen.

This is like no pain I've ever felt.
This was no ones fault, but I still blame you.

30,000 feet high and you are still on my mind.
From Milwaukee to Dallas.
From Dallas to San Francisco.
Thinking about you.
Every mile, and every step of the way.

I feel like if I continue with this,
I will implode and my remains will melt on this floor.

But then, nothing will be worth the pain.

© 2015 Harlequinholly


Author's Note

Harlequinholly
Whiny..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Quite intriguing!
You play utter well with words. It's funny how love wrings the dune of its lethal shades off the possession of very heart .. everywhere you move do find love, everywhere you walk do see love, & every single time you breathe do find love in winds .. in air to be breathed in. Lovely. Kinda like reading your poetry... seemed, it's quite a song .. written in few artistic words of poetry. Would be looking forward to reading "you"!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like this. It's deep, and really good! Good job(:

Posted 8 Years Ago


Ok I lied. This one is my favorite. Lol "but then nothing will be worth the pain." Can I get an AMENNNNN! It's always a weird situation when you have no one to blame for something but it still hurts. You can't direct it anywhere, you're just lost. I like 30,000 feet high and you're still on my mind. Kind of like you are so far above it but it doesn't matter. Good job hols, you're good at this.

Posted 8 Years Ago


7 vodkas will bring out the drunk text, on a plane apparently the lovely well thought out drunk poem! not a writer my butt, you can do this! "nothing will be worth the pain", leaves me wondering if you have given up... or nothing would be worth the pain of losing him so you retain trying. Like giving up oxygen, impossible to survive. good good. continue writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Quite intriguing!
You play utter well with words. It's funny how love wrings the dune of its lethal shades off the possession of very heart .. everywhere you move do find love, everywhere you walk do see love, & every single time you breathe do find love in winds .. in air to be breathed in. Lovely. Kinda like reading your poetry... seemed, it's quite a song .. written in few artistic words of poetry. Would be looking forward to reading "you"!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 14, 2015
Last Updated on November 14, 2015

Author

Harlequinholly
Harlequinholly

San Francisco, CA



About
Not a writer, but giving this a chance because I have too many thoughts for my own good. more..

Writing