Pitter Patter of Rain

Pitter Patter of Rain

A Poem by Harmony Grace

The pitter patter of rain sends me off and on a ride, 
that only one can get to if they get inside my mind. 

It hits against my window, and slowly drizzles down.
about that time I've left reality, for something that's unfound

Quite solemnly it drips as I sink farther and farther away,
reality is gone, my world faded today.

as I get into the rhythm that the precious rain has cast. 
A scene starts to unfold, and rather quite fast.

my eyes are closed, I've become some one else, Who, is quite uncertain, it will be a great task.

some find it hard to believe, but they've really lost their mind…they get caught up in business and think it's kiddish play time. For them make believe was of their past, for me it's a journey that will always last. 

the smell of the rain as it pours through my window, makes me picture enchanted woods, with the smell of black soil.

as it drips down, I hear it hitting the leaves. 
they blow in the wind and the rain hits my face, 
the smell is so pure and the taste I'm unsure.

all of the trees vanish around as I realize the pitter patter has slowly died down.
and as that happened I finally snapped, Reality sets in, and I am back.
Back to my life that is real and alive. Instead of this life that I've made up inside.

so when it rains don't call for me, I won't be there, as crazy as it seems.

I'm lost in my head, with my stories and lands. I'm gone far away, where I wish I could stay.

© 2010 Harmony Grace


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There are few unnecessary capitalizations and some awkward line cuts, but the imagery is very much alive. The feeling of serenity and longing for respite are radiated in this poem quite clearly. The overall idea is profound in its simplicity.

Keep Writing. ^___^

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Added on April 15, 2010
Last Updated on April 15, 2010

Author

Harmony Grace
Harmony Grace

About
really want to be an actressdirector, but I also really love to write! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Harmony Grace


Avery Avery

A Book by Harmony Grace