True Happiness

True Happiness

A Poem by Timothy Hatter
"

There are many types of happiness

"
You know those times in your life where you can look around the room and truly see what is around you, when you're in that particular state of mind causing you to take in every bit of life you can hold onto for years to come.  This is what you call true happiness.  Happiness is not materialistic.  It's not a gift, or a car, or money.  It is a moment in time when you know deep in your heart that there is no other place you would rather be than the one your in.  Most times you are oblivious to what is actually happening around you, too high on life to realize just how significant the role of love plays in our everyday routine, but then, every once in a while we experience true happiness, and we remember everything about that day.  I found it today, as I stood in front of my family and friends to give my girl, my whole world my heart and soul, my unflinching love, and my hand in marriage.  It is a memory I will keep and cherish until the day I die.

© 2012 Timothy Hatter


Author's Note

Timothy Hatter
This is not really a poem, but more so an idea. I wrote it a week after my wedding, on my honeymoon actually, sitting on the shore of Lake Superior, hoping to turn it into a short story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so sweet:) True happiness. You should make it into a short story!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Added on August 3, 2012
Last Updated on August 3, 2012

Author

Timothy Hatter
Timothy Hatter

MN



About
I am 22 years old, married, and have a an eleven month old daughter. Living in a small town in central Minnesota and working a swing shift in a factory makes it hard for me to pursue my dream of .. more..

Writing
Bully Bully

A Poem by Timothy Hatter