Doxy Dreams

Doxy Dreams

A Poem by Haunzwürthe

I didn't know I was dreaming.
I thought I was lying in my bed, slowly awaking after a dreamless night.

There was nothing to suggest otherwise.
My pillow, sleeping bag, and alarm clock were all in their places.

There were no killer whales swimming through gymnasiums.
There were no talking animals, bubble gum clouds or visions of women I have never seen.

It was just my bed and me early in the morning.
It was just my bed and me until the explosion ripped through our tent.

It wasn't until I woke that I realized I had indeed been sleeping.
It wasn't until I stifled a scream that I realized I had indeed been dreaming.
It wasn't until I felt the skin and flesh of my body instead of blood and guts that I realized I wasn't injured.

It took waking up to realize I dreamt we had been hit by a suicide bomber.
Neither provocation nor warning.
Just the silence, then the explosion.  Boom.

I didn't go back to sleep.
Doxycycline is one hell of a drug.

© 2012 Haunzwürthe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Though I cannot comment on the situation this person has experienced in the past, I have had such dreams that when I wake up it takes several moments to realize that it was only a dream. Those can be quite frightening, especially when the subject matter is not at all pleasant.

I had to look up Doxycycline since I had no idea what type of drug it was (treats infections for those that don't know) and that leaves me wondering how much of the poem is actually a dream.

Anyways, it interested me. Good write. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wasn't sure where dreaming ended and waking begins. sounds like this doxy medication brings on nightmares and has the ability to induce a traumatic experience. shows what goes through the subconscious mind of those who are out there with an explosion waiting to happen at any given moment. thank you for your service. i am very grateful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Though I cannot comment on the situation this person has experienced in the past, I have had such dreams that when I wake up it takes several moments to realize that it was only a dream. Those can be quite frightening, especially when the subject matter is not at all pleasant.

I had to look up Doxycycline since I had no idea what type of drug it was (treats infections for those that don't know) and that leaves me wondering how much of the poem is actually a dream.

Anyways, it interested me. Good write. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

394 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2012
Last Updated on February 16, 2012

Author

Haunzwürthe
Haunzwürthe

Bland, VA



About
-------------------------------- I am Mark but Haunzwürthe is more fun. -------------------------------- A brand new life sputtering in the wake of a broken family and the dissipating path o.. more..

Writing