My thoughts on relationships

My thoughts on relationships

A Story by Hawaiian Hawk
"

just some of my thoughts on relationships.

"

Relationships

 

Far too often you will see young couples come and go, a week maybe a month, kids bouncing around from one relationship to another, breaking hearts and collecting baggage. People nowadays have no sense of commitment or honesty. Men have a lot they need to do in a relationship, they are mostly responsible in my eyes. The problem with young men today and their views towards relationships is they put on a consumer role and fail to evaluate themselves.

 

 

Young men today ask the question, “is she the one for me?” the question itself is entirely self-centered and only focusing on the askers needs. Women are not to be treated as a food item in a buffet to be browsed through, tested, and then cast aside. After all, people don’t go to a car dealership, buy a car, drive it to work, take it on vacation, then return it and say, “it’s just not for me.” Far too often this type of behavior is the norm in today relationships. If you are even going to think about buying a car you need you finances in order, you need a place for your car, and have done the proper research as to what type of model you want. The same should go for relationships. One of the first things you should ask yourself is “what is the purpose of a relationship?” If your answer is “to get laid” you should go back to mommy and rethink your life. I believe the purpose of a relationship is to find the person you hope to spend the rest of your life with. So just like a car, prepare yourself, get your money right, be able to at least provide for yourself before you think of a relationship, observe the woman, or “model” of your choice, is she a prospective mate?  

Most people today don’t believe in “eagle life mate” relationships. The significance of finding your life partner is huge, which is why one should be very careful in choosing their prospective mate. The fewer relationships in life the better, it’s almost not fair to your future wife or husband if you have had sex with multiple people and bring all your baggage into your relationship. Obviously the world isn't perfect, you rarely meet your soul mate on your first relationship but that doesn't mean you can’t.

I believe men should put themselves in a servant role, instead of “what can I get from her” they should be asking “what can I give to her?” You should place her on a pedestal; a real man goes out of his way just to see his woman smile. 

© 2014 Hawaiian Hawk


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on March 25, 2014
Last Updated on March 25, 2014
Tags: relationships, dating, women

Author

Hawaiian Hawk
Hawaiian Hawk

About
I'm a Hawaiian, I was born in Honolulu, I'm an archer, aviator, artist, musician, writer, and total goofball. more..

Writing
Rider Rider

A Poem by Hawaiian Hawk