Nature's Eye

Nature's Eye

A Poem by Hayley

Summer sweet scent of nectar

With golden intoxication

And glistening pleasure,

Upon each petal shining dew

And a flowering kiss anew.


But lo! The sun of morn

Withers flaxen buds and leaves

To break free and land in streams reborn

Of tears from those beady eyes 

So all God’s creation will be baptized.


Through flowing arms of wispy veil,

The willow tree chants verse 

And shields its eyes behind the curtain assail,  

For the world his naked soul astounds 

Outside his reflection of crystal bounds.


In this sparkling stream I wish to fall, 

So sweet and pure a sound

As tender as lips can form sonorous drawl.

On mine plant mineral purity 

Until I’m lost in nature’s obscurity. 

© 2011 Hayley


Author's Note

Hayley
About just thinking of a friend... and life...
Criticism, questions, comments appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I don't think I will ever quite get over the eloquence of your poetry.

So carefully stated, but not from reluctance so much as beauty.
The feeling of nature throughout the poem is clear, and powerful. Juxtaposing the beauty of spirit against the scenery adds validity and scope to this piece.

I'm having trouble believing your age, Hayley. =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

"Of tears from those beady eyes
So all God’s creation will be baptized."
Pure, genius poetry. This is what true poetry is supposed to look like. For once, I don't know what more to say! Ahaha!



Posted 12 Years Ago


I don't think I will ever quite get over the eloquence of your poetry.

So carefully stated, but not from reluctance so much as beauty.
The feeling of nature throughout the poem is clear, and powerful. Juxtaposing the beauty of spirit against the scenery adds validity and scope to this piece.

I'm having trouble believing your age, Hayley. =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

duuude, I am jealous. I can never write about nature -____- I like it

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice view through the thoughts of Nature and the thoughts of another...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I sit here looking dumb for about five minutes after I read your work (meaning my mind is just blown away), then it all finally settles in. You may be young but you've had to have walked this earth since ancient Sumer and Egypt. I feel like I gain so much insight from your work and not only do you say profound things but you say them with such grace.

You take such meaning out of nature (Are you a modern romantic?) the first two stanza’s (for me) seem to carry such an honest reflection of life and the spiritual presence of nature. The more and more I get pulled in by stupid human tricks here in society, the more I just want to go out into the wilderness and live like Thoreau; it’s honestly like religious experience for me. You just get taken in by the beauty and silence of it all. It doesn't feel artificial. It makes me really wonder if I'm living the wrong way sometimes, like there’s something more in the simpler, more natural way.
Something about this poem reminded me of that movie The Fountain. I think it was that second stanza. I almost want to interpret that stanza as saying nature accepts death as a natural motion of life. Nature realizes everything moves in a circle, we live and die, and nature continues on, just a cheery as ever.


Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
The imagery in this was amazing. I could see the scenes you described as clearly as if I were watching a movie

Posted 12 Years Ago


Hayley, your words are always so eloquent and lovely to read, this is no exception.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love this stanza: Through flowing arms of wispy veil,
The willow tree chants verse
And shields its eyes behind the curtain assail,
For the world his naked soul astounds
Outside his reflection of crystal bounds.

Such a wonderful poem Hayley

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

872 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 1, 2011
Last Updated on June 1, 2011

Author

Hayley
Hayley

OH



About
I'm a 21-year-old undergraduate college student majoring in business. I'm not on the cafe as much as I would like to be. Don't be a stranger. Side note: I do not rate writing. This is eye-op.. more..

Writing
Torrent Torrent

A Poem by Hayley


Stargazers Stargazers

A Poem by Hayley



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Butter Rose Butter Rose

A Poem by Hayley