Flashback

Flashback

A Story by Madhu

Flashback


Her mind was wandering and reflecting upon the past, she saw her reflection and regained her confidence. Her eyes started to wander the new place out of curiosity when mild breeze hushed upon her forehead and she knew it wasn’t a dream in any possible way. She had finally achieved her dream job.

She walked towards the door and saw him standing at a distance. She just couldn’t move anymore and was struck by his glazing eyes. Their eyes met and somehow even blinking for once, seemed to be a bad idea. It was her love, right in front of her, staring at her, anticipating for her to be all his for eternity. She changed her focus to his appearance. Blue jeans and white shirt. Quickly moving her eyes back to his, she filled her heart with butterflies, lost yet focused. Her heart was racing, full of excitement and joy.

He was now approaching her. A walk that begged time to freeze and at the same time, to fast forward. It had been months since they broke up and didn’t even talk or see each other. Was it co-incidence or was it nature’s plan to let this happen?

She stood still, watching him coming closer was already giving her goose bumps. His eyes, his hair, his face seemed flawless to her and once again she couldn’t hide her emotions. It started to reflect in her eyes. The place got crowded. She looked at her watch, it was late. She changed her path and left the place.

He taught her to love. Loved her too much. She decided to let go of him once more… And she re-calls this accidental meeting as a Flashback again!

 

© 2015 Madhu


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

274 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 6, 2015
Last Updated on March 6, 2015
Tags: time, love, memories, flashback

Author

Madhu
Madhu

India



About
I'm a creative wanderer in terms of life, love and imagination. I believe it's okay to be different after all it's hard to be an original when most are easily gullible. I love life and everything abou.. more..

Writing
Forgotten? Forgotten?

A Poem by Madhu


Back in Time Back in Time

A Poem by Madhu