Back to the Beach

Back to the Beach

A Story by HWinter
"

I hate when you are trying so hard not to think about someone but they invade your dreams anyway. You are happy to see them because you miss them...but sad it isn't real at all.

"

  I close my eyes and I'm back on the beach, back into our dream.

 

  It's so bright out this time. The sunlight is blindingly white - like a developing Kodak picture. I can't focus at all. It's easier to close my dream eyes and imagine it all rather than try to take it all in. I picture the water so vividly blue and dotted with small royal red sailboats in the distance.  The sand is a crayon yellow-gold and expands out around me for forever. I know that I am dreaming.

 

 Yet I see you coming up the beach behind me... two drinks in your hands and that smile on your face. I am smiling back at you with a smile playing on my lips here as I pictured you, me... all of this. I sense your hand touching mine and I taste your lips when you kiss me. I feel the way I felt when you used to kiss me...

 

  A tear falls down my cheek. Why are you always here? And so out of focus in the light, so bright, it could be anyone really ... So how come I am sure it is you? This isn't real after all so then shouldn't I get to choose? Yet you are always you and this is always a dream...

© 2013 HWinter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

really nice :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Well darn, I was just getting interested and then it was over. I hope this is just the beginning. I subscribed but I don't really know what that means. Please let me know when you continue the story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


humm interesting piece. There is not a lot of direction in it. However you have a tremendous draw in your words. You hook the reader in and don't let them go. The emotion is also nicely displayed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

HWinter

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your comment! I wanted it to feel kind of like a blip on the radar... Just a really sm.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 1, 2013
Last Updated on April 1, 2013
Tags: dream, love, loss

Author

HWinter
HWinter

Canada



About
New writer who is learning to share :) more..

Writing
12:47 AM 12:47 AM

A Story by HWinter


The Beach The Beach

A Story by HWinter