Rahm Emanuel Master of Deceptiom

Rahm Emanuel Master of Deceptiom

A Story by Heather

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

 

Ah, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive:

President-elect Barack Obama’s incoming chief of staff Rahm Emanuel had a deeper involvement in pressing for a U.S. Senate seat appointment than previously reported, the Sun-Times has learned. Emanuel had direct discussions about the seat with Gov. Blagojevich, who is is accused of trying to auction it to the highest bidder.

Emanuel talked with the governor in the days following the Nov. 4 election and pressed early on for the appointment of Valerie Jarrett to the post, sources with knowledge of the conversations told the Sun-Times. There was no indication from sources that Emanuel brokered a deal, however.

A source with the Obama camp strongly denied Emanuel spoke with the governor directly about the seat, saying Emanuel only spoke with Blagojevich once recently to say he was taking the chief of staff post.

But sources with knowledge of the investigation said Blagojevich told his aides about the calls with Emanuel and sometimes gave them directions afterward. Sources said that early on, Emanuel pushed for the appointment of Jarrett to the governor and his staff and asked that it be done by a certain date.

At least some of the conversations between Emanuel and Blagojevich were likely caught on tape, sources said.

After Jarrett took herself out of the running in mid-November, Emanuel submitted a list of suitable names to the governor’s camp that didn’t include her name.

Emanuel, who has refused to comment on the issue, is not accused of wrongdoing.

“Not accused of wrongdoing” is MSM-speak for “a Democrat is in trouble, let’s save him, if we can”.

Its pretty clear that both Obama and Emanuel have been dishonest in the matter of Blagojevich’s attempts to sell Obama’s Senate seat. This doesn’t mean that either of them did anything actually illegal, but it puts a stain on Obama which will become progressively harder to scrape off the longer Obama stonewalls on what he and his staff may have had to say to governor Blagojevich. After all these many years and oh, so many scandals in both Democrat and Republican Administrations, you’d think that eventually everyone would figure out that your best defense against scandal is to go on offense - get out there and admit to as much as you can, but then change the subject to what you’ll call the nation’s more pressing issues…doesn’t matter if “pressing issue” turns out to be selecting the pattern for the White House china. The key here is to be forthright and then get out of the thing as swiftly as possible.

But it seems that Obama and Team are monumentally ignorant, or just so arrogantly self confident that they don’t realize how bad this already looks, and how much more damaging it can become.

 

© 2008 Heather


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Illinois, the new axis of evil? Interesting information. I've been very concerned about the machinations of the Obamachine behind the scenes the last few weeks and looking for reasons to forgive him for all these very dodgy appointments.... it is a matter of astonishing arrogance to assume that people are going to fall for the same old whitewash tactics of before but it seems they really are that arrogant.... interesting times. Good write. Thankyou.

Posted 15 Years Ago



It seems the Illinois politics is much more in the gutter than I ever thought. Truly amazing...!

I am so stunned by what's going on.

Daniel

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2008
Last Updated on December 19, 2008

Author

Heather
Heather

Briarcliff Manor, NY



About
I am 34, Irish, Catholic Conservative. I have One Daughter I Love And Cherish And A Husband I adore In The Marine Corps, Recently Promoted To Major! Semper Fi. I am an Executive Librarian, I'm Very T.. more..

Writing