Revenge feels good

Revenge feels good

A Story by WindsorWolf28
"

Rage

"
To say I was angry was a complete understatement. I was so beyond angry, that I held little fear. My blood was pounding in my ears. My heart was racing. And all I felt was rage.
Rage that this man, who I had long ago considered a brother, loved, trusted, prayed for, looked up to, had turned into, well, THIS!
He stood in front of me, face showing shock that I had fought back once again.
His face contorted in anger and pain. But the emotion that flooded his eyes was fear. Fear that I could, no, that I WOULD beat him. Fear that his little sister was all he could not be. Brave, strong, clever, and wise.
He stated into my narrowed eyes, as if begging for forgiveness.
Forgiveness was something that he would never earn.
"Why?!" I yelled over the wind and rain, which, I had just acknowledged, was soaking us both to the bone, and whipping my messy hair into my face.
He gave that sick, sadistic smirk that only a monster could give.
"Because," he started, taking a long stride closer. "They weren't strong enough. And besides, they were just plain annoying."
My eyes narrowed even more, a glint as deadly and murderous as my sword took residence in the deep, angry brown.
It took all of my strength not to run at this man.
He raced at me, smirking as if he had already won. But I was ready for him. Ready to end the guilt and doubt that resided in my very existence because of him.
I moved fast, fueled by anger and adrenaline. He barely had time to see me as I spun behind him, evading his deadly blow. His head twisted around like an owl, giving me a sorrowful look, his mouth open, silently asking for mercy. But I held no sorrow, no pity, and ABSOLUTELY NO MERCY for this man.
I plunged my grasped hands towards his back, my silver sword gliding through his chest.
"Why?" It was his turn to ask.
"Why?! Why?! Because I'm tired of having to lay awake, waiting for you to claim your next victim. Because I'm tired of you."
It almost looked as if his dying eyes finally understood, but he died with that sick, malicious smirk obscuring his face.

Whoever said revenge didn't feel good, was a liar.

© 2014 WindsorWolf28


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on April 16, 2014
Last Updated on April 16, 2014

Author

WindsorWolf28
WindsorWolf28

Pasadena, MD



About
I'm a depressed person, that doesn't make me suicidal. I love to write. I hate math. I write mostly poetry and short stories. more..

Writing