Training the demon child

Training the demon child

A Story by WindsorWolf28


--~Training the demon child--~
//Itami's story//


"Hit higher!" Hantā Yelled again. I was kicking the dummy too low. Again. I jumped up and kicked the dummy in the neck, it's head flying off.
"Nicely done!" The white haired lady yelled as I landed behind the dummy in a crouch. "That's all for today, Itami!" I smiled and wiped my forehead before following her inside the small hut.
The hut wasn't very big, but it was enough for the elderly demon and I.
"Itami," she began, her back to me as she poured silver root extract into two glasses. I slid into one of the rough chairs at our table, exhausted after training in the summer heat all day. "Yes, Hantā?"
She sighed and handed a glass to me, before sitting down across from me. "Itami. I'm growing old." I already didn't like where this was headed. "We both know I won't be around much longer." She stood up and left the table. I took a sip of the drink that was bitter without the petals. Hantā returned a moment later with a long bundle of tan cloth. She laid the package in front of me on the table. "Open it." I tentatively touched the package, feeling the rough cloth. I slowly peeled the fabric away, revealing a long piece of metal. "Hantā..." I trailed off. I looked up at her, tears welling in my eyes. She smiled softly at me. "It's yours now, Itami." I didn't want to accept the fact that the elderly demon was going to pass on soon. "It's getting late." She said quietly, then walked off to her room. I listened to the door close, but didn't move. I sat there for hours, tracing the silver edge of the gleaming blade with careful fingers. Eventually I decided that it was time to go to bed. I fell asleep quickly, but the comfort of the soft sheets and scratchy mattress did not last long.
I snapped awake when I smelt it. Smoke. I blinked quickly, trying to get my eyes to focus. I coughed. "Hantā!" I yelled. No reply. I rammed my shoulder into my weak door, effectively splintering the burning wood. I raced to the room beside mine. I rammed my shoulder into the burning wood. No one was inside the flaming room. "Hantā!" I screamed as loud as I could. No response. I ran out and into the main room, hoping to see her there. But there was no elderly demon waiting for me. The only thing left in the room was the sword she had given me earlier, sitting on the burning table. I grabbed it by the hilt and ran outside as fast as I could, hopping over fallen pieces of the doorframe and ceiling. I raced to the twisted oak outside by the cliff, then turned around in time to see the hut collapse. My home. I ran around the perimeter of the now smoldering building. No one was outside. I cupped my hands around my mouth, ready to try one more time. "Hantā!" My hoarse voice echoed and carried through the mountains, falling into the faint valleys in the distance. There was still no response, however. She was gone. The only being that picked me up when my mother abandoned me, the only being that had ever cared. It killed me inside. I fell to my knees, sobbing and whispering to myself. "Hantā. Hantā. Please come back. Please!" Was all I could say. I was alone again.

© 2014 WindsorWolf28


Author's Note

WindsorWolf28
It's a story for one of my characters. The character is part demon (not the kind from Hell and the devil) it's for an anime/RP my friends and I are creating. I will not accept rude or negative comments on or about the topic or character.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on July 26, 2014
Last Updated on July 26, 2014

Author

WindsorWolf28
WindsorWolf28

Pasadena, MD



About
I'm a depressed person, that doesn't make me suicidal. I love to write. I hate math. I write mostly poetry and short stories. more..

Writing