' her little old brown box'.

' her little old brown box'.

A Story by Heaven.sky

'It is like a paradise! Where the heaven is seeing itself in the sea. I smell the salty air, and taste the crystal water. The white sands that like clouds under my feet. This is really the paradise i once knew.

I slowly move, admiring the whole place. Watching and letting the waves touch my bare feet. While the birds are dancing above the tides. The ocean became their floor, the air became their music, everything is perfect. The sun is high but never mind. I enjoyed the whole place.

Along with my wondering, my attention was caught of that old coconut tree. I watch the way he move everytime air touches his branches, his body is bending like he is covering something. I went to his place and touch his body, a scar all over of it.' How many years you are leaving seems that you are tired. How many storms that you went through to get all of these scars. But you did the good job, you are still alive.' I said with a smile in my face. I investigated his body, and i was right he was covering of something, down under his feet, 'a little old brown box'. A little moment before i picked it up.

I stared at her for a long time then hug it in my chest. I went back to the shore, with a brown box in my chest, seems that i found a treasure to be kept.

In my way of analyzing and wondering in the box, i saw a little lacy running to my way. She was in hurry like she is running for something or someone. I stood there in silence until she reach my place. Her eyes were black, her face was pale. She have a small body, a small hands and small feet. But what intrigue me the most is the coldness in her eyes, i look to her deeply in the eyes and sent me a message. I knew that eyes. Her lips are swolen and a cuts and bruises in her face, arms and knees. She is wearing a navy blue dress that reached her knees, her hair is long and black that sway in the breeze of air. I was about to open my mouth , when a scrawny old man shout for her name. Then fear registered in her face.

An old scrawny old man, he is thin, with a red eyes and yellow teeth that one of the tooth is missing in the front. His face flushed of anger when he saw the little girl. He slaped her, and pulled her hair. He dragged her, to place they came from. In a moment, i stood there in fear. I was freeze by the scene. I want to turn my back and run but my feet have their own will that they followed the foot prints of the two fellows.

Without my conciousness i reached a small old house, with a close windows and open door, like he is waiting for someone. I stood there for a long time when i heard a scream inside the house. I made a step until i reach the front door. The house was empty and hollow. I investigate every corner of the house until my gaze stop, in a small couch where the little girl lying and weeping. Another step i made i was about to make another step when the scrawny old man appear. He pulled the hair of the small girl, slaped her, kicked her beat her until he satisfied his self. I heard screaming and begging. But it made the man more eager to see her agony. He wants to hear more scream he wants it more louder then louder, until he teared her clothes, he teared her soul. And he did it, he ruined her.

Tears fell from eyes, i still have the box in my chest. I stood there in horror suddenly the paradise became hell. The sounds of the waves became the sound of a laughing demon. With a trembling body i made another step. But i was stop when the old man look at me ferociously. I was freeze by fear and i want to run but i can't. When i heared the sceam of a woman at my back. I turned to see who own that voice. An old woman.

Her face was small and pale. Her body was thin. And her shoulders are down cause of tiredness. She rushed to the place of a little girl lying motionless. " what have you done?! She is your body and flesh! " she said with a full of horror and madness. " no! She is not mine! " he replied with a grin in his teeth. I heard the old woman singing a lullaby and ordered the little girl close her eyes. I close my eyes to ease the pain my chest. But a scream make me open my eyes again. He beat the old woman, he is unstoppable. Then he reach for a knife. But the old woman bite his hands that made him lose the knife in in his left hand. The flush of anger draw in his face, while the old woman cry of forgiveness. He throw her like one of his toy. Until the body of the old woman no longer can move. I was crying and begging for help, i called all the saints in heaven. But they are deaf.

The little girl get the knife, and while the man is busy laughing and enyoing what was happening. She thrust the knife in his back, she did it again until the scrawny old man die.

I don't have any strength to go on. I down my knee and continue sobbing. I saw the little girl went to the old lady, and i heared what the old lady said. " im sorry mother is late, im sorry i failed to save you. Im sorry my little girl. But i want you to leave this place. I want you to heal yourself. And when you are healed, please come back. I will be waiting."

I stop crying and open the brown box. It was empty. Yes it was empty. I just smile and wipe my tears. " mother im back".

© 2017 Heaven.sky


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on April 22, 2017
Last Updated on April 22, 2017

Author

Heaven.sky
Heaven.sky

About
Close your eyes, feel my warmth Hold my hands and come with me To the place where anybody can see, But nobody really knows. In a far away land yet so near. In a world where the two of us, Can .. more..

Writing
his dance his dance

A Poem by Heaven.sky