You Won't Remember

You Won't Remember

A Poem by HeavyDirtySoul
"

New to this, to please be kind. First piece, hope you guys like it.

"
See, I'm the type that no one remembers; I'm the one you see, 5 years down the road and trust me, you won't remember the first time we met. Coming to the door like a gentleman, meeting my mom with a Crack of nervous shining through with every word, I knew you were in to me. I was anxious, but this calmed me. You won't remember taking me to your grandfather's land to drive around, or grabbing my hand and holding it softly all the way home. You won't remember a few days later, after watching the stars, that you drove me home and you stole our first kiss, along with all the scars and bruises that this world has burdened me with until I met you. You won't remember that night, as the sky lit up im celebration of our independence, that I begged you silently to grab my hand I front of everyone, so they knew that I was yours, too. I wanted to be yours more than anything this world had to offer. You won't remember grabbing my hand, or worse, you won't remember asking me to be yours forever. You won't remember the times you rescued me from the secrets kept at home, or the nights you held me while I cried. You won't remember the nights I held YOU while YOU cried. You won't remember the moment you fell out of love with me, or the moment I became your burden. You won't remember the hours I cried when I could no longer call you mine. You won't remember the times I stayed up drowning out my weeping sounds with those of our favorite songs. You won't remember my birthday, or the way I never wore matching socks. You won't even remember my name. But I hope you remember how much that I loved you.

© 2016 HeavyDirtySoul


Author's Note

HeavyDirtySoul
Like I mentioned this is my first piece uploaded. I'd love feedback on the voice and over all composition of this piece. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on July 19, 2016
Last Updated on July 19, 2016
Tags: Love, sad, memory, poetic

Author

HeavyDirtySoul
HeavyDirtySoul

Pine Bluffs, WY



About
Just a writer seeking out some feedback. 😄 more..