Me & You

Me & You

A Story by Heena Chugh
"

Love is an amazing feeling and it is more amazing when it is from childhood..

"
We met by chance and turned into friends and now, our destiny keep us close to each other making our friendship grew stronger with passing time….

Not many people were around in the cafeteria, since it was 2nd period of college. Mohit was kneeling on the floor, he was holding a diary milk silk in his right hand. Everyone was shocked but Niti, her childhood friend was surprised. She secretly hoped for this day, but it was too soon.

“What are you doing dude??? Are you sick??” asked one of his friend. Mohit ignoring him, started looking at Niti. She was blushing. “Niti, will you….” Mohit had rehearsed it several times before but somehow expressing it now was difficult. He took a deep breath, “Niti, I love you. Will you get older with me?” Niti thought it as a dream.

Five years before,

Mohit and Niti were in class 9th. They were good friends, not so close like best friends but still close enough to share their likes and dislikes. Mohit always had a crush on Shreya. Shreya was a popular girl of the class. Many boys in the class had crush on her but she was dating Tarun, Mohit’s best friend. When Tarun and Shreya started their relationship, Mohit was quite confused. He was happy for his friend, but the girl was Shreya. With passing days as their bond deepend, Mohit felt more jealous.

One day, Shreya and Tarun had a quarrel. Tarun was upset and asked Mohit for help. He reluctantly gave the chocolate to Tarun, the chocolate he had initially bought to give to Shreya. Tarun was happy and thanked his best friend for his help. Thanks to Mohit’s chocolate, their dispute resolved.

The other day, during the last period, Mohit was sad of the fact that he doesn’t have guts to express his feelings to the girl he thought he really liked. It was their computer period, Niti was sitting with him. Seeing Mohit sad and lost in thoughts, she felt disheartened. She tried to ask the reason but no reply came from Mohit’s side.

” Mohit, look I know you are sad. Please tell me what’s the reason? Seeing you like this, its frustrating for me.” Niti asked. Mohit noticed Niti’s sad expression. He felt sorry and tried to change the topic.

Mohit said,” Niti, I am sad because…” He tried framing some answer and,” I am sad because… I really don’t know who is that lucky person, you like the most??”

“What??? Why are you asking this question all of a sudden.”

“Well, it’s not all of a sudden. I really want to know the answer.”

“Nope, I won’t give you an answer.”

“Please, please Niti. Okk, let’s make a deal, I tell you mine and promise me, you will tell about yours.”

” I know, who is your crush. It’s Shreya. So, I know it and I am not going to tell you mine.”

“Really, how do you… No, wait, isn’t it obvious. So, let it be. You tell me about yours.. please, please, I really want to know.”

Niti hesitated, she didn’t want to answer his question. She really didn’t know what to say. Mohit’s question was making her nervous. She thought that Mohit knew the answer, because he was the only one whom Niti had really liked since class 3rd.

“Niti, I am waiting for your answer.” Mohit pleaded but with a command in his voice.

No option was there for her, she said “Mohit, I don’t know how would you react but….but….. You are my crush. I like you since class 3rd. I know you like Shreya and that’s the reason I never told you about my feelings. Frankly, I think I love you.”

After her confession, Mohit didn’t know how to react, Niti was sobbing, about to cry because she just did it. Yes, she just confessed but… Mohit tried his best to not let her cry. The bell rang and school was over.

Mohit was thinking very hard, he didn’t knew what to do. Persue the girl he had crush on or date Niti who is a very dear friend to him and had just confessed her love to him.

Next day, during break, he called Niti, “Niti, I don’t know how to react, I don’t want to break your heart. Also, I am not sure, what to do. I like you as a friend. Can we just be friends. I don’t want to ruin our friendship. I know you like me but for now, I cannot date you. I am not in that state of mind. I hope you can understand.”

Niti was relieved that Mohit had not part their ways. She was happy to be with Mohit, no matter if she couldn’t be his girlfriend. But she was happy. Being his friend was a bliss for her.

Time passed, their friendship deepend with time, they are now in their first year, luckily in the same college and same class.

Today, after five years, Mohit was confessing but it was something unbelievable for Niti. She pinched herself.

Everyone was waiting for Niti’s reply. “Niti, what is your answer?? You can reject me if you don’t like me anymore. I won’t mind. I will understand it. I know, love fades away with time. But at least, give me an answer. I really love you and want to be with you for lifetime.”

Niti knelt down and hugged Mohit as tight as she could. ” I love you Mohit. I am glad you asked me this question. I was waiting for this day. Though I was not sure that this day would come, but I am happy it came. Yes, I would love to get old with you. I still love you in the same way I did during school. I love you. Thanks for not ruining our friendship after my silly confession. Yes, I would grow old with you. I want you to be my side and be at your side forever. I love you.”

“I love you Niti, I love you. I promise I won’t let you go. I will be by your side always. You have taught me the true meaning of love. Thank you, you never left my side even after the time, I said that I can’t date you. I was a fool at the time. I am sorry. But now, I have realised that it was never about Shreya or Tarun or their relationship. Liking Shreya was an infatuation. It was always about us and it will be about us forever. I love you and will try my best to keep you happy under all circumstances. I love you Niti, I love you.”

Everyone cheered up. They were happy for the new couple.

© 2017 Heena Chugh


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on May 4, 2017
Last Updated on May 4, 2017
Tags: Romance, first crush, childhood love, school, short story, happy ending, college

Author

Heena Chugh
Heena Chugh

India



About
I am a simple girl, who believes in love and considers hatered to be a great burden to bear... Read my latest stories at http://heenachugh.wordpress.com more..

Writing