Empty and Empty

Empty and Empty

A Story by Heimweh
"

A comedy.

"

Empty and Empty


Living is impossible, truly living. We spent our time, day after day, hour into hour, making cages for ourselves. A vast, endless cage, with no lock, and door hung open. We can hear the sounds of the world outside, but in our cage they have no meaning, no measure. We can see the colours of the world outside, but in our cage they have no opportunity, to blossom nor to wither. We spend our whole lives in cages, and when we die the cage is empty. As empty as it was when we were born, when we first talked, then first cried, when we first loved, then again and again and then when we were first filled with regret, then empty now empty forever empty.


Empty. Empty lived a normal life. He went to work at 9. He came home at 5. He had a family. He had a wife. He had a daughter. He had friends. He visited movies. He visited family. He went on vacation. He had dreams. He had ambitions. He had a normal life.


Full. Full was filled with many blessings and had acquired many opportunities, worked a dream job and had a beautiful wife. They had been married for 12 years, together for 15, and had a wonderful daughter. They had many friends, and often had vast celebrations, they went to many foreign lands together, meeting many people of numerous tongues. They were always smiling and merry. Full had a fantastical life.


Full and Empty. Empty and Full. Empty and Empty.


Full was happy as any man could be, yet he still felt he was missing something, his life was almost completely filled. Nearly Filled. He was not Nearly Filled. He was Full. He was Full.


So He decided to do something, he needed to do something to fill him up. So one day, after dinner he called his wife and his daughter to the living room. He told them, he told, he told them about his decision, he was very excited because finally he had figured out how to be full. Completely Full. He asked his wife to wait in the living room, while he brought his daughter to his room. He came out after a while, smiling and happy. He was finally full. Completely Full. His daughter was also filled. He was very happy, but then his daughter began emptying, she was leaking. Slowly Emptying. His wife was also leaking. Slowly Emptying. So he decided to empty his wife and his daughter. So he did. But now he was too full. Too Full. He began to burst. And burst and burst and burst. He was Empty.


Empty and Empty.




© 2018 Heimweh


Author's Note

Heimweh
Something I wrote a very long time ago, found it accidentally, thought it hilarious and now here we are.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on January 6, 2018
Last Updated on January 6, 2018
Tags: comedy, short story

Author

Heimweh
Heimweh

Sydney, NSW, Australia



Writing