Bermuda (Unfinished)

Bermuda (Unfinished)

A Story by Becky

    It was suppose to be... something i would remember for years to come. Something to tell my children, and my children will tell their children.. you get the Idea. Michael and i, a match made in heaven. He was the boater, i was the one soaked in SPF 50, reclining on a cheap beach chair. I wasn't really sure, how our life was going to turn out, if we were going to sail around the world, or live on some island somewhere, what ever it was i was ready for it. ... Or so i thought. 
   The sun was high in the august sun, the sky, painted a bright blue, no clouds in the sky. The wind was perfect, it caught the sail of the small liner easily, slowly gliding across the water like a sea falcon, fishing for its pray. Michael, stood at the head of the boat looking out at the waves crashing against the bow of the boat, with his sailor hat, light white buttoned shirt, and khaki shorts. like something off of Gilligans Island. The salty air was unbearable, and i drowned myself in flower scented perfume, Michael had always told me. "Ya Gotta love the smell of the ocean! It really wakes one up in the Mornin'!" i always laughed at his Unmistakeable comments, which was one of the hundred things i liked about him. 
  The day bored on, i had read through at least three short novels on this excursion, not even knowing where we were headed. And i didn't really wonder, i just knew we had to get away from it all. We were on "Ole Yellow Belly" for about two weeks, we left from florida, and went where the wind took us. 
   "Say, Jess, Where do you think we'll end up? .. i mean we could end up all the way in Japan for all i know" Michael sat on the edge of the boat, looking off endlessly into the horizon. "Well, i'm not really sure, hopefully somewhere, where i can get a decent meal" i chuckles silently in a sarcastic manner, since i haven't eaten a solid bite of "Real" food in a week.
  At night, when the waves seem to sleep, and the salty sea air turns into an icy, sweet scent fills the air. Peace seems to fill the cracks and crevices of this short, yet cozy home of ours. I would sit in his laps, her would hold me tight, whisper sweet nothings to be, and just stare at the star filled sky. Through all these fake feelings he may seem to show me, i know where his heart is, and he knows where mine is. He drops the Anchor and we are connected to earth, slowly floating, in rhythm with the waters, in sync with nature, something i have always felt. 
  We slept, in the silence of our own minds. Our Dreams danced behind our eyes lids, to the sound of the calling gull woke us up with moaning and groaning. Dragging myself to the dew covered deck, and looking around, noticing a difference in the scenery. The tide had pulled us around, closer to something in the distance, which wasn't there before. 
"What's that?" i pointed off into the distance, at a small figure barely noticeable.
   "Land Ho!!" Cried Michael, as he spilled mine and his coffee all over the deck with his over exasperated excitement. He pulled up the anchor and gripped the wheel tightly. "And Away we go!!" He cried with sheer excitement. 
"Are we seriously going to head over there?" i asked him. 
"Of course we are hun! it may be some abandoned island, we can call our own! haha"
I rolled my eyes and gave him a What-ever-you-say, look.
But i was concerned to what may be on this island, a resort, Spa, Heated pools. Suddenly i had nothing to fear, it was all smooth sailing from here. 
  We were both young, not young as in 13, young as in 16. Well I'm 16 and Michael is 17. You may have thought we were a married couple of 20 years. But no, we had escaped from our wretched home life, and traveled far, without leaving signs of our past existence. We weren't a madly in-love couple, we "Liked" Each others company, best of friends you can say, best of friends who snuggle together, what's wrong with that?
 We continued off towards the Mysterious island, as it grew larger and larger with each passing hour. The sun fell faster then it rose. Michael was sitting at the very front of the boat, his feet dangling off the edge, as he looked down at the swirling waters. I sat next to him, glancing at the orange sky.
"Wonder what's really on that island" i mumbled under my breath as Michael looked towards me. 
"I don't know.. Hopefully something good" He laughed slightly. 

© 2010 Becky


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on February 13, 2010
Last Updated on February 15, 2010

Author

Becky
Becky

East Haddam, CT



About
I don't believe in anything that can be considered 'Normal' No one is normal. The reailty of it is that we are all different and we all have different feelings, personalities towards things and no one.. more..

Writing
Bleh Bleh

A Poem by Becky


Simple. Simple.

A Poem by Becky


Bees Bees

A Poem by Becky