3/17/18

3/17/18

A Poem by Andre Peterson

I was 15, I was suddenly separated from people I loved more than myself. No one warned me not to do such a thing at a young age. (Ironically they both shared the same name) I didnt know how to handle it at the time. It seamed that I dreamed and achieved only for it to be taken away. And you start to hesitate wether or not to get close to someone. Does time together and the memories you hold outweigh the endless years that go by? Does anything really last. Somber thoughts, but we all have them. I can smile at the memories, and endless laughter. Yet, that is what hooks me, the laughter. Seeing their eyes light up because you are yourself. Your true self. Beautiful. You are top of the world. What I'd give to give someone 30 plus years of endless laughter.
Everything has an end unfortunately. Blessed are the ones who stick around for a lifetime. They deserve angel wings. I wish some could have stuck around longer. It make me want to close the door. Fall into darkness. "Love will tear us apart" I wish those words held no truth.

© 2018 Andre Peterson


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on March 17, 2018
Last Updated on March 17, 2018
Tags: Sadness, coping, learning, memories