My storm

My storm

A Story by Her Distorted Mind
"

I survived my storm, so can you.

"
Your words burn into my skin, dragging through me like knife.
Though my strength outweighs your words, my mind outweighs reality.
Bending and twisting and ripping through it like feeble tree a hurricane.
Trying to rip it from the ground with falsehoods, unjustified fears, and an onslaught of dark thoughts of death.
But that tree had roots the refused to let it detach from the Earth.
Those some broke away, those that stayed grew stronger and refused to let that tree be swept away by its tears.
Though roots held strong through all the pain and sorrow.
The held that tree in place till the storm blew over.
Though battered and its bark scarred, the tree stood tall, stronger that before, when the clouds cleared and the sun came to shine.
Just like that tree, I am battered and I am scarred.
But I am stronger now.
I survived your hail storm of words, but better yet, I survived the drowning rains, ripping winds, and the onslaught of debris from the distorted reality of my mind that I am still cleaning up to this day.
I survived the storm, I survived myself.

© 2016 Her Distorted Mind


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A hauntingly beautiful way to describe being mentally abused. I really like it, you found a very artful way to put words to pain. My only criticism is the layout, I think making it lined more like a poem might make it easier to read. Thanks for sharing! This one really hit home for me.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 2, 2016
Last Updated on May 4, 2016
Tags: Dark, depression, sad, storm, survive

Author

Her Distorted Mind
Her Distorted Mind

Bryant, WI



About
Late nights, and dark thoughts keep me awake, so I write to keep them at bay more..

Writing