Needed Change

Needed Change

A Poem by S.N. Kirton

I.
Such human being in which is not of others perspective but of its own.
Hidden behind an apparition,
She - no it - remains along side the dying child in who continuously encounters death though alive.
As media causes the shark to drown, its skin wishes flames emerged so that such skin can not exist.
Media projecting the finest crop within mankind itself, the common human degrades with the horse’s fracture.
Perception of oneself becomes a rippling pond,
Its creator lost in shame being the bird that could never take flight.
What world so vile it transforms into a never ending solar eclipse,
Such world caused its citizens to want to become humanoids without a false application.
Misconceptions within society of what you should be rather than your original, 
Prohibits one from shedding their snake skin.
What man and women fail to conjure is that all is the sculpture of their creator.

One can love to the point of their wilting rose.
One can have passion, never giving up until soaring with the fowl.
One can experience being alone, the lion rejected by its kind.
One’s words can open a victim’s wounds or close them healed.
One has the ability to care, being the guardian angel over a soul. 
One can hate until their own made poison, whether rightful or not, kills them.
All that inhabits Earth is created by the higher.
Man or beast should not judge another for the color, shape, or messages one’s book may be, 
For equality was the beginning of such realm we dwell.
It is the power of our conscience that changes the perception through our unique windows.
We live to eventually die,
However,
The in between existence should never consist of unloving oneself.
Such occurrence happening at a multitude now needs to cease.
For one life is all that’s lived
And no one should be deprived a possible life
Of no judgment from one’s kind. 

© 2014 S.N. Kirton


Author's Note

S.N. Kirton
I just wonder what you think of it really... I do not mind constructive criticism if wanted to be given.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is absolutely beautiful, Your control and style of writing is admirable.
I would love it if you would be kind enough to review my own piece. if not, this is truly something to be proud of.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 22, 2014
Last Updated on July 22, 2014
Tags: life, society, change, self-love, peace, misconceptions, metaphors

Author

S.N. Kirton
S.N. Kirton

NY



About
Just a fifteen-year-old who loves to pass time by writing, drawing, and learning Asian languages. I love soft instrumental music, Asian music (e.g. Korean pop, Korean rap/R&B, usually ballads [which I.. more..

Writing