Five Minutes Left

Five Minutes Left

A Story by HeyJudeWrites

I screamed louder than the sun is bright, but it didt matter now. Nothing mattered now. I would be gone in the matter of minutes and no one would know. I will be gone and no one will feel pain for me, no one will morn my shining personality dissipating into noting. It took all of five minutes for me to pass, but it felt like a lifetime.

I thought about my life, of course, such a true cliché. I went over meaningless events and corrected them in my head. That test I failed, the question I missed, that sharp pain in my stomach was diserning. It was cold, I could feel every inch of it when he stabbed me. It was a quick smooth movement but every second from the breaking of the skin became a year.

I should have been doing my Chemistry homework right about now, figuring out the Specific Gravity from our last lab.

The cold pain, became a burning sensation. It was as if my stomach was on fire, all I could do was lay in pain on the floor as he watched. Why was he still here, smiling, watching. Couldn’t he leave me to die now, leave me to endure my last few minutes alone? 

My blood was warm on my hands, id never seen so much blood before. It was interesting, the color was the perfect red, deep, I never realized how messy it was either. My blouse was soaked, stained, but that didn’t matter now either. It poured out like a water fountain, I think I could even feel it leaving my body. I was being emptied of life, I felt like the world should have stopped, someone should have thought “ this person is dying, I will try to save them”, but there was no one, no savior, the world kept turning.

My vision was darkening from the edges, like a fade out slide on a power point show at school. I hated the dark, I always slept with the light on for as long as I could remember. Everything started to become blurry, but I could still make out his figure staring at me, towering over me like a hunter whose just caught his prey.

There was total darkness now, but I wasn’t afraid, I accepted what was happening now. I could feel my eyes open wide, I pictured them looking like deer eyes when caught in the headlights. I could feel myself letting go of this world, of the tings I loved, wanted, my goals. I let it all go. My breathing became slower and slower..

My chest tightened, my body was trying its hardest to breathe but it just couldn’t. I felt like I was fighting my way out of a sea of pillows, all intent on smothering me. I could hear him laughing. My arms twitched, unready to lose their life and fighting to keep moving, but they became still. This was the last breathe, I could feel it, my last moment of life was here and gone. It was cold, and then there was nothing.

© 2011 HeyJudeWrites


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

WOW .. all I can say is wow! Definately a very imaginative piece. The imagery made it easy to be there and go through those last moments with them. I think it would have to a very unsatisfying way to die.. with your killer standing over you, just watching the life ebb from your body. Especially if it was for no reason other than their own perverse pleasure. There are some small grammer issues, capitals, apostrphes etc, but other than that an excellent piece of writing.
Keep up the good work :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

WOW .. all I can say is wow! Definately a very imaginative piece. The imagery made it easy to be there and go through those last moments with them. I think it would have to a very unsatisfying way to die.. with your killer standing over you, just watching the life ebb from your body. Especially if it was for no reason other than their own perverse pleasure. There are some small grammer issues, capitals, apostrphes etc, but other than that an excellent piece of writing.
Keep up the good work :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Added on August 11, 2011
Last Updated on August 11, 2011

Author

HeyJudeWrites
HeyJudeWrites

houston, TX



About
Passionate writer. Bookworm. Coffee junkie and a Beatles fan. Main Blog: www.HeyJudeWrites.net Stories and what ever spills from my head: www.monthofdecember.blogspot.com Sponsor: more..

Writing