He Loved Her

He Loved Her

A Story by Rae
"

William battles with depression.

"

…And then he decided he loved her, the mere thought of her making his mid race with the color blue and the image of pure gold wrapped around a needle ready to be crafted into something beautiful.


And she was. Dancing in the wheat, against a blue twilight sky, feel covered in dirt while she laughed and laughed.. The touch of her slim hand against his made him explode into a bright ball of light that touched every corner of his dark world that he once lived in without her.


And he felt. He felt her hair, the golden curls that he could practically see himself in, it was glossy, smelling of the pureness of life.. Earth, sun, life. The hair that was tied up and sweaty from working in the garden, her long locks that hung past her shoulders as she kissed the head of a baby.


When he looked into her eyes, he fell deep into a simmering pit of aggression and determination and it made him feel something too. But there was something more there, adoration and the wonder of a million thinkers.


She was alive, and Nothing would, or could contain her like a fire that cannot be stopped, a wave where it refused to ever end, the sea foam building and building, and then ending.


Creating just a moment of beauty before it recoils back into the sea.


Death. Is quiet. Death cannot be stopped and it cannot be controlled, he thought she died too soon, an accident he cried, and cried..


And cried.


Till he could cry no more. Death is quiet but spreads like a sickness, creating a quarantine site for some, and others.. An anger that infects everyone they touch.


He was quiet, so, so quiet. That the light she once was able to spill into his heart was gone like the recoiling wave, he could not remember her voice.. her laugh, her hair, her eyes. Everything that was once her was vanishing right before his touch..


Did she even exist? Did he even exist? What was he without her? The shell of an empty soul, nothing but crust and dried hope, the hope he has left backed into a corner, trying desperately to cling of something of hers.


And he decided he loved her, loved the thought of her, because somebody was beautiful as that could not have existed in his life.. Fragments now, shoving and pushing through his mind, past the sadness and defeat.. trying so desperately to surface.. Prove to him she was still alive.


At least in him.

A soft touch reaches for his shoulder, and yet…


She cannot reach him.

© 2016 Rae


Author's Note

Rae
and for my NEXT trick, I scare even MORE readers away with depression and lost love. These two will be the death of me, I swear.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on January 2, 2016
Last Updated on January 2, 2016
Tags: depression, sad, husband and wife, oc, original character, creative, descriptive

Author

Rae
Rae

Deland, FL



About
Hello, my name is Rae and I am 18 years old, one of my favorite things I like to write about are my own characters and their little worlds. There has never been a place for me to really post any of my.. more..

Writing
SCP-2326-1 SCP-2326-1

A Story by Rae