Harry Potter: The Magic in Me.

Harry Potter: The Magic in Me.

A Story by Hirannya
"

Magic, the kind that doesn't need to be described.

"
The world of fantasy, has always been my place to escape to. From being there with the Pevensies as they discovered Narnia , to following Alice as she disappeared into the rabbit hole.
You see, as a child, I read quite a few books, and even though I loved most of them, none had an effect as profound and lasting as Harry Potter did.
Trying to explain what Harry Potter means to me and what role it played in my life, is a herculean task, in itself, so I'll just start from the easiest part. Harry Potter made me believe in magic. Not just magic which exists in the wizarding world, or the magic performed by moving the wand, a few times and muttering a few incantations, no, but magic in my own life, in everything I do and see. Harry Potter made me believe in all that is good in the world and I've never read anything where the concept of love, friendship, loyalty and bravery has been more beautifully expressed, than this book.
Harry Potter had me laughing one moment, and trying to control my tears, the next. It gave me hope, when I hit the darkest moments of my life, the trio being there for me, when no one else was.
Once I had started reading Harry Potter, my own life took the back seat, it was, as if, I was the invisible accomplice, following the trio around. I grieved every life lost for the battle. From Mad Eye Moody to Fred Weasley. Harry Potter isn't just a book to me, oh no, its more than that, much, much more than that. It is one of the few things that I believe in. Call it childish, if you must, but Harry Potter has given me more joy and love, than my own world.
It is a story which has thousands of layers, and every time I go back, as promised by Joanne, I discover something new. A new side of a character, a hint I had missed earlier, a motive which wasn't clear, the first time. All of it. So maybe, the next time I write on Harry Potter, its going to be something different.
"And whether you come back by page or the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." - and it has. The one place which has always been there for me, and for every other Potterhead. And that is why, I know I'm right, when I say, that Harry Potter is my story, a story I live by, and a story I live for.
And at 15, today, after having read Harry Potter, almost six years back, I believe it shaped me into the person, that I am today. It made me more human than what I would ever have been, without it. Harry Potter gave me a sense of direction and an urge to have something worth fighting for. Every lesson that Harry Potter taught me, be it through a lowly creature like a house elf, who died free, to a man who lived without love, is something which is part of my very core, by now.
I have always been, and will always be indebted towards Joanne, for all of the things she did for me.
She gifted me a new world, an escape from reality. She gifted me the power of love and imagination. She gifted me a childhood, I'm not ready to let go of.
And above all, she gifted me Magic. Magic which'll always be with me, whoever I become and wherever I go.
And I wish I could thank her enough for that.
You see, without Harry Potter, I wouldn't be half the person that I am today.
And that is why to me, Harry Potter is my own self. The better part of me. The part that I am proud of. The part which defines me. The part I return to when I start feeling lost.
"We have both light and dark inside of us, Harry, but what matters most is the part we choose to act upon."
And when I was nine years old, Harry Potter and everything it stood for, was the part I chose to act upon.

© 2016 Hirannya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hello Hirannya,

Yes, very true. I wish the whole world chose to act upon the light inside of them. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if they did? :)

Sentiment aside, you have several run on sentences. If you broke them down into smaller sentences it would give your story more power. The only other suggestion I have is to better define your paragraphs with a space. You have a great piece of pure-hearted writing here, let your reader be fully immersed in your sentiment and enjoy the feeling.

Thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,

Schatzi

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hirannya

7 Years Ago

Hi, Schatzi, this really helped. Thanks a lot. :)



Reviews

I so agree with everything you've written.

The only problem with the books are that you can't put them down. :D
Keep writing :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hirannya

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much. :))
Hello Hirannya,

Yes, very true. I wish the whole world chose to act upon the light inside of them. Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if they did? :)

Sentiment aside, you have several run on sentences. If you broke them down into smaller sentences it would give your story more power. The only other suggestion I have is to better define your paragraphs with a space. You have a great piece of pure-hearted writing here, let your reader be fully immersed in your sentiment and enjoy the feeling.

Thank you for sharing!

Kind regards,

Schatzi

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hirannya

7 Years Ago

Hi, Schatzi, this really helped. Thanks a lot. :)
Beautiful. Solid gold. Emotional. Goes straight to the heart no matter how many times I read it.
Loul.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2016
Last Updated on September 21, 2016
Tags: harry potter, favourite book, magic, magical essay

Author

Hirannya
Hirannya

Kolkata, India



About
Lost between a thousand words, I want to, but cannot say. more..

Writing
To You To You

A Poem by Hirannya