Um. Not entirely sure.

Um. Not entirely sure.

A Story by Hisgirl
"

I had a dream once and this is what came If you have any comments or suggestions at all please tell me i want this to be the best i can make it (Sorry its not indented I'm still working on formating)

"

Chapter 1



“GRR! I don't even want to talk to him,” I vent to Daniel.

“I know he's a jerk that's why I hate him,” he responds. I didn't know Daniel hates him but I'm not surprised.

“I don't know what to do,” I mumble. “I...,” I start to say, but then noticed Camden swimming toward us. I glance up at Daniel with a 'help me' look. We both go dead silent and the only sounds are the screaming kids playing in the water around us. Camden walks up next to me and I fold my arms across my chest. Daniel backs up and leans against the side of the pool. I can tell Camden's confused, but I don't particularly care. He glances at me, to Daniel, then back to me again. He leans over to me for a moment.

“Are you okay?” He quietly asks. I don't know what to say, I don't want to have to say anything to him.

“I will be,” I say more to myself than Camden.

“Okay...,” he trails off only more confused than when he walked over. He slowly leaves and I continue to vent off to Daniel. I can see Daniel looking over my shoulder, then he looks back at me.

“I think he can tell you don't want him around you,” He comments.

“Grr! I'm sorry...I didn't know I was so angry with him,” I say feeling ten times better than I did before.

“It's okay, but you need to find a new man,” he says with a new win. I force a laugh, but inside I can feel myself cringe. I continue to hang with Daniel until Michelle has to leave for her basketball game.

“Mckale, we've gotta go, like now! I lost track of time and I'm going to be late,” she tells me, then takes off toward the changing room.

“Aw, Panda, you've gotta go,” Daniel says walking toward me with open arms. He walks up to me and gives me a perfect hug.

“Wait, you're leaving?” Morgan asks loudly. I nod my head, then I get goodbye hugs from everyone, except Camden, I walk to the edge of the pool and begin to pull myself up and out. I ring my hair out and begin to dry myself off with my towel. I begin to follow Michelle's wet trail to the changing room. I feel a hand on my shoulder, and then I'm jerked so I am facing the other way. Before I get a chance to know what is going on someone, who is completely drenched, is hugging me. I can see everyone in the pool looking at me and I now know who is hugging me. I hug him back briefly, then turn and head for the changing room.

***

I wake up to someone tapping on my door.

“Who is it?” I ask still waking up, forgetting Michelle and I are the only one's home all week.

“It's just me,” Michelle's voice says traveling through the door.

“Oh, come in.” Michelle opens the door and steps in, closing it behind her. She has a smaller square box, it's strange and random.

“Is everything between you and Camden okay?”

“I dunno...Why?”

“Well, I found this box on the doorstep. It has your name on it and I think that's Camden's writing.” I take the box from her outstretched hand.

“I wonder how many other girls he's done this for,” I mumbled to myself.

“What?”

“Nothing,” I say putting the box on my night stand. As I look away I see my name written on it and I automatically know the hand writing is indeed Camden's. “Thanks Mitch.”

“Okay, I've gotta go to basketball practice.”

“Okay, talk to you in a bit,” I say, then she walks out. Then I proceed to look at my alarm clock 6:30 AM. I turn over and try to fall asleep but now that I am awake I can't sleep anymore. I sigh and give up throwing my legs off the side of my bed. I grab the clothes I'd laid out last night before I'd gone to sleep. I walk into the bathroom, take a long shower, then get dressed. I walk back into my room and its only 7:30.

I sigh, grab my phone and cowboy hat, and then head out the door. I walk threw the backyard and straight out to the horse corral. I catch Smoky quickly and saddle him up. I go out to the arena and start to lope circles working on my leads. I warm him up and then proceed to move onto barrels. I fall into my concentrated phase and stop paying attention to the world.

“Mckale, are you going to be much longer out here?” I jump and look around seeing Michelle standing there with her basketball shorts on and a Gatorade in her hand.

“No, I'm just going to make one more run real fast.” Michelle nods, then walks up to the fence.

“Make sure to watch your pockets you're not going out tight enough.” I nod my head then go in for another run. I do my best run of the day and feel happy I get to end today on a good note.

“Getting better,” Michelle comments, then turns and goes into the house. I unsaddle then give Smoky a cool bath. Afterwards I head inside just now noticing how hot it it's getting. I walk into the kitchen taking off my hat.

“I'm hungry,” I say out loud. I open the fridge and peer inside. I see the only good breakfast food we live on, eggs. “Hey, Mitch, you want some eggs,” I holler over my shoulder.

“Yes please! Hey, I'm going to take a quick shower.”

“Okay.” I smile to myself. I love when it's just us home alone. I pull out a frying pan and start making scrambled eggs using over half of the new carton. I put the eggs back and start making toast. I find my way back over to the hot stove and begin to stir the breakfast. My phone begins to ring in my pocket. I set down the spatula and pull it out.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Mckale,” A familiar voice says.

“Hey, Morgan, what's up?”

“Nothing. Hey, I was just wondering if you and Mitch would like to come to my house tonight and watch movies.”

“Would it be just us or everyone?”

“Well, I'm going to try and get everyone.”

“Oh, cool, sounds like fun! I'll try to come and I'll bet Mitch will come too.”

“Awesome!”

“Okay, I'll talk to you tonight then.”

“Okay, bye, love ya!” I finish making breakfast then sit down on the couch and turn the TV on. Michelle walks through the room and on her way to the kitchen.

“Your food's on the table.”

“Okay, thanks!”

“Yup. Hey, Morgan, wants to know if we wanna do a movie night tonight.”

“Can't. I have plans with Tyler.”

“Just bring him with, I mean weren't you just planning on going to the movies anyway?”

“Ya.”

“Well, it would save him some money.”

“True... I'll talk to him.”

“Cool!” I stand up taking my plate into the kitchen and I proceed to wonder back into my bedroom. I look around and begin to clean out of normal habit. I begin to clean all the piled clothes off of my bed, hanging up the shirts and dresses then putting my pants in my drawers. I plug my phone in next to my bed and put it no the night stand. As I move my hand away I mange to knock something down that lands the the ground with a light thunk. I turn and look and see I knocked the box from Camden off. I eye it for a moment debating weather to open it or throw it away. I want to throw it away but my curiosity makes me set it back in place and I turn away in hopes to forget about it.

***

“Daniel's here!” I hear Morgan yell over at the front door.

“About time, gosh, Daniel,” I tease him as they both walk in the room. He gets his famous stupid cheesy smile on his face and walks over by me.

“This looks like a good place to sit down,” he says in some strange gay sounding voice. I look over to my right and see the spot next to me is wide open. Daniel walks up right in front of me then turns around giving his butt a nice shake and sits down on top of me. I try hard not to laugh, desperately hard, but I bust out laughing anyway. I push him off onto the couch in the open spot next to me and begin to 'yell' at him. Morgan laughs and then makes him go sit down next to her to save him, then walks up to the TV. After that, Camden comes back into the room from the bathroom, and sits down next to me; I take that as a good sign.

“What movie do you guys want to watch?” she asks.

“MEGAMIND,” Cam yells like a child.

“NO,” The rest of us yell at her in unison.

“How about Love Surreal instead,” Morgan suggested lightly. No one objects so she shrugs and puts the CD in the movie player. The movie begins to play and Cam enjoys every second of it quoting all of her favorite parts until Michelle finally yells at her to shut up. I watch Cam glare at Michelle then turn and smile to herself with a devilish look on her face. I hear her sigh lightly then curl up with Caleb who then puts his arm around her. I smile to myself, its good to seem them so happy together.

I look around and notice that Michelle and Tyler are curled up on the recliner. Cam and Caleb are all curled up next to me... Seems like a group date. I stand up and walk out of the room and into the bathroom. I look in the mirror and fix my hair just wanting an excuse to get out of there for a moment. I turn the sink on and splash my face with cold water then wipe off the extra dripping water. My face feels cool and refreshed when I walk back out into the large spacious living room. I find my seat back in between Cam and Camden and continue to watch the movie. There are times I still have to laugh even though I have seen the movie a million and one times. The movie ended quickly and we start another.

This movie seems so far away with Camden's presence so close to me, I can't ignore it any longer. His strong captivating smelling cologne makes it so I can't think straight. I turn my head and look at him for a brief second forgetting to be discreet. He turns his head and looks down back at me. I blush just a little bit and a small smile slips onto my lips before I glance away. I am staring at the TV screen, but my mind is wandering far away. I smile to myself...Oh crap. I can tell I have that cheesy look on my face, the one I've seen so many other girls get around that one guy, sheer happiness. The one I get so frequently around Camden. I begin to feel so cheesy...This is so...stupid! Am I really caving in again?!

I sigh nearly silently to myself and my stupid look fades away. The happy moment leaves. I feel Camden pull on the blankets, jerking it away from the people who are half asleep on the other side of the couch. He begins to fix it gently, and then sets his hand down, right next to mine. I quietly breath in sharply, is this really happening?! I can feel Cam who is all but sitting on my lap shift slightly. I feel something excitedly start to nudge my rips abruptly and I jerked to the side. My hand moves under Camden's and out the other side. I looked up at Cam with an I-hate-you-what-do-you-want look. She smiles at me with a cheesy look and glances over to my hand next to Camden's then back to me. I can feel something brush by my hand but I can't quite register what it is. When I look over I watch Camden's hand slide into mine fitting perfectly in place. I glance back over to Cam and she winks at me her face growing cheesier. I feel my heart beat begin to quicken and I can barely breathe. Camden fixes the blanket with his open hand so it falls over our hands. I smile to myself and continue to struggle breathing. I close my eyes and rest my head on the back of the couch. I relax a little bit then just a little more until I can easily fall asleep. Time starts to slipping away from me and my mind begins to wander aimlessly, completely fogged up.

Three years of waiting...is this worth it? I thought back to the many times I'd seen girls practically throwing themselves at Camden... All the days I wanted to kill them. But now he's here...holding my hand. A sensational warm feeling begins to burn in my chest. I can hear music in the background soft and slow. I open my eyes for a moment and see a couple having a moment. That is so cheesy...but kind of cute. I can see Camden looking at me out of the corner of my eye, I turn my head and look back at him. There is some sort of small sparkle in his chocolate brown eyes. He smiles faintly and looks away, and then I do the same. I rest my head back down and let my mind wonder. Cam began to shift around bumping me several times and my head slowly falls down to my right, landing on Camden's shoulder. 'Crap! My luck, I just ruined the moment...,' I started to think then I feel Camden move every so so slightly and his head gently fell on top of mine. This is all happening so quickly!!! My mind just blows up and I began to feel so tired...

I wake up to Camden jerking around and I was on his other side, strange. I look over and Cam is sitting across from him biting his shoulder in an aggressive game of sniff sniff bite. I put my head back down on his shoulder and try to go back to sleep. He wiggles around and starts to get irritated with Cam.

“You should stop moving,” I tell him half asleep. He turns his head and looked at me with a tender and surprised expression.

“Okay,” he whispers then relaxes and calms down. I don't have to look over at Cam to know she's got a smug smile on her face. I feel Camden's body go stiff and I hear Cam giggle. I rolled my eyes then I could feel something about my hand, was how uncomfortable it is. I lift my hand and Camden's doesn't have any resistance. I pick up his finger individually and slip the ring off, then let our hands fall back down. I examine it for a moment looking at the detailed little black dragons circling the silver band. I put the ring on my thumb of my available hand then rest my head back on Camden's shoulder. I nearly fell back to sleep, but shake my head. I give Camden's hand a light squeeze and he mimics my action. I stand up to go get a drink I take a step away then notice I don't have my other hand. I look at Camden, and then feel my hand being held tightly as if saying I don't want you to go. I smile at him then he lets go and I walk out of the room. I quickly grab a glass of water then find my way back to my spot on the couch. I sit down with a loud, plop! I look over at Camden and our eyes meet for a moment then our hands find each other in a mutual agreement. Then they interwove, his thumb on top. I rest my head back on his shoulder and close my eyes.

I wake up once again this time to Camden getting up.

“Where are you going,” I mumble.

“Mckale, it's eleven at night, my curfew is eleven thirty. I've gotta go home.” I sigh out loud.

“Fine,” I said like a tired pouting child. I stand up and look around. Cam and Caleb falling asleep on the couch. I smile and follow Camden out the door into the next room. I feel the ring sitting on my thumb. I stop moving and Camden keeps walking along. “Hey Camden...,” I start to say then he turns around with open arms. I walk into them like I have so many times before, but this time it's different. He wraps his arms around me and holds me tight for a moment. Just before he let go he kisses the top of my head like my father used to.

“You forgot your ring.”


Chapter 2



I walk back into the room where everyone else sits watching the movie. I walk over and sit next to Daniel with Morgan on his other side. He looks at me and gives me a wink with one of his priceless facial expressions while Morgan leans forward and gives me a rather confused look, I already know what it's asking. What was that? I smile at her completely in a daze and give her a teasing wink. I lay back against the couch and I smile stupidly to myself completely happy for the first time in what feels like forever. The movie continues to play but I'm not paying attention to it at all I can still feel Camden's fingers interwove between mine. I'm brought back to the present moment when Daniel nudges me in the ribs.

“Did you hear that,” He asks while him and Morgan sat staring at me.

“Hear what,” I ask stupidly.

“I thought I heard someone come inside,” Morgan says with a thoughtful and concerned looked. She let out a loud gasp. “I forgot to lock the doors!” She stands up and I look at her for a moment. Then I hear the floor upstairs creaking loudly and a thunking sounds coming rapidly. The gradually get louder and louder as they walk towards us. Morgan turns and looks at us and I look at Daniel. Caleb and Cam are completely knocked out on the couch while Michelle and Tyler look over at us. I shift my eyes over to the door way as the footsteps grow louder. Suddenly a man appears in the door way he's holding something, a gun. I jump surprised to see a man and nearly scream.

“Everyone put your hands up and behind your head! Now,” he yells. He is covered in black and only black, a ski masks even covers his face. After he enters the room so does another and then another. There are three guys each with a gun surrounding us all pointing at us. I put my hands up and behind my head as he so loudly instructed and everyone else does also. “Boomer did the cops follow us,” the same first man asks. Another man I assume is Boomer shakes his head. The first one in which is clearly the leader nods his head approvingly.

“Okay listen up. Do as we say and we won't harm any of you. Almost all you you will make it out of here unharmed,” the leader 'comforts' with a wicked grin. I can feel my body trembling and my brow beginning to sweat intently. What's going on? I look at everyone's faces they all look scared. “Okay none of you move, we will shoot.” The three men begin to assemble in the door way and mumble to themselves. The two followers have there backs to us and then the leader keeps an eye on us as they talk. I look down and see my body visibly shaking uncontrollably. I look back up and see Michelle has her phone out, she's texting! I pull my phone and out turn the volume totally off and sit it down between Daniel and I to prevent the light from shining up. Daniel watches me and does the same. I wonder if she has the same idea in mind as the rest of us.

“Hey you two,” the leader snaps at us and we both look up. We're dead. “But your hands behind your head,” he yells getting impatient. We do as we are told and then look over to Michelle who is sitting in the recliner with Tyler still. The back of the recliner is facing the group of men and she proceed to text without getting caught. Wow maybe all her texting in class does pay off... She shows the message to Tyler who then gets a strange look on his face. She pulls her leg up and carefully unzips her boot just enough to pull something out. The knife! The knife she always carries around with her when mom's not home, I'd forgotten about it. I catch her eye and shake my head just barely and she proceeds to keep pulling it further out. I begin to shake my head violently and the leader looks over at me.

“What are you doing,” he asks while walking towards me then he turns and looks at Michelle who already has the knife back in it's hiding spot. At perfect timing, I sneeze the the leader looks back at me.

“A..A bug went up my nose,” I say lying like a dog. He glares at me not sure weather to believe me or not then turns back to his group. I put my hand down and fix my phone so I can send a text. There aren't a lot of options on who to send it to. I pull up a new message and just put get help and send it to Camden praying he would get it. After that I put my phone down face first. I can see everyone's arms getting tired and they all slowly lower at there own pace. I see the outline of my phone light up and I am extremely relieved to be getting a text. The leader and side man remain talking and I flip my phone over, it's from Camden.

'With what?'

'Help us,' Is the only thing I have time to put in before Camryn begins to laugh hysterically. I look over at her and even Caleb looks confused. I stare at her hard trying to figure out what's going on in her head and I can't get it. The leader turns and looks at her completely taken off guard. He watches her for a moment and she doesn't shut up for a while.

“Shut up,” He snaps. I watch Camryn only grow louder and louder. The leader rips the gun out of Boomer's hands and walk directly in front of her. “Didn't you hear me,” he yells pointing the gun at her.

“You can't really threaten a suicidal girl with her life now can you,” she giggles. CAMRYN! This is something I already known but the fact that she is doing has me scared spit less. Even the leader looks shocked.

“Go ahead shoot me,” she challenges. “If you don't I probably will,” she finishes. I feel my jaw just drop wide open. Tears begin to silently fall down my face and I want to scream at her. I feel Daniel shift forward. The leader c***s the gun and Daniel jumps into action. He tackles the back of the leader knocking him off balance. A bullet is shot into the roof and Daniel and the leader fall to the floor. Daniel gets him tangled up in his legs around his throat. His grabs the gun and begins to pry it away from him.

I look over and see Tyler reaching into Michelle's boot and pulling out the wickedly large knife, I can't help but wonder how she got it in there to begin with. The one man who remains nameless hesitantly wonders in to help and Tyler moves in. He silently walks up behind him and puts his arm around his throat. The man begins to struggle and manages to take the butt of the gun and whack him in the head. Tyler starts to loose his balance and stagger backwards, tightening his hold around the mans throat. I see his face reddening, but then Tyler regains his footing and stands up correctly.

“Don't move I have a knife,” he says loud enough everyone close can hear. Boomer looks confused and taken back by the seen, I can tell he doesn't quite know what to do. “Everyone get out,” Tyler demands. Caleb gets up and quickly has Camryn moving towards the window. I am frozen and I can't move. I watch Camryn escape out the window well Caleb turns and I watch Boomer going after him. Out of no where I stand up and tackle him from the side, knocking him to the ground. As we both fall I immediately bring my knee up hard several times and make him curl up in a ball.

“Caleb get her out of here,” I demand. Caleb gives a quick nod and he crawls out after Camryn. I turn and see Daniel still struggling to win as the leader twists out of his death grip. The leader stands up taking the gun and points it at Daniel, there is no hesitance before his finger pulls the trigger. A scream fills the room and it takes me several moments to realize it's my own. I look over to Daniel, none of him is moving. The room seems almost still now, the leader turns to face Tyler holding a knife to the mans neck. They stare at each other both contemplating what to do next. The extra man is caught between them. I look over and see Morgan sitting alone, completely frozen. I kick Boomer several more times some below the belt a couple to the gut and one hard one to the face. I can hear his nose crack and I feel satisfied enough for the moment. The leader doesn't look over when Boomer lets out his agonized moans, then I walk up next to Morgan and sit down next to her putting her arm around her. I want to try and get her out. She jumps and screams, Tyler looks over getting distracted. The leader is completely concentrated on Tyler and only Tyler. As Morgan screams the leader makes his move.

“Morgan. Get out,” I demand. She stands up shakily and I start to hurry along. I get her to the window when I hear another gun shot and my head snaps. I watch Tyler fall to the ground and see the leader turning to face us. His eyes are blood shot and he raises the gun again. I push Morgan so she is half way out the window but not in time. I can see blood oozing from her side. “Morgan,” I whisper. I feel my chest go numb, my heart gets cold.

“You. Sit down,” the leader yells loudly. I walk over to the couch and sit down. Everything is happening all at once I can't think straight. “You too,” he yells at Michelle who's bent over Tyler's fallen body. She looks up him with a dark look and I hear him c**k the gun.

“Mitch,” I say softly without thinking. She looks over at me and I catch her glance for a brief second.

“Michelle go,” I hear Tyler say in a strained tone. She looks down at him and kisses him softly then she stands up and walks over and sits down next to me. We're the only one's left. I hear a car pulling up to the house. Would it be Morgan's parents? I hope it is. I look around Boomer's getting up, the leader is standing in front of us with a gun to our faces and the other man is laying next to Tyler, dead.

Morgan's dead. Daniel dead right in front of us. Tyler's going to be... if he doesn't get help... I hear someone knock up stairs and no one moves. There's a pause. Then I can hear someone walk in. Boomer and leader look at each other.

“Morgan,” A faint voice calls out. There's no response. “Mckale? Guys? This isn't funny,” the voice says getting closer as it walks down the stairs.

“I'll get it,” Boomer says staggering to get up walking with a limp. He walks up to the side of the door frame with the gun. I can't breath.

“Mckale where are...,” Camden asks coming into view. Boomer automatically takes the gun and whacks him in the head and he falls to the ground. I watch Boomer kick him several time, hard. I can see blood beginning to ooze from his mouth and then the torture stops. I go to get up but Michelle stops me. The room remains silent. The seconds that tick feels like they could pass for hours.

“You two little girlie's have anything else you would like to try,” The leader asks with a mocking tone.

“Dale we need to get out of here those two that got away are going to be getting us caught pretty quick if we don't leave,” Boomer says sounds a bit on the edge. The leader nods and looks back to us.

“Should we take them with us?” I would rather die. Boomer shakes his head and the leader starts to back up. “If you guys don't move I will let you go unharmed.” He starts backing with the gun still pointed at us while Boomer is more focused on getting out. They leave the room and we can hear them going up the stairs. Michelle and I both jump up as soon as they are out of sight.

“We've got to get them help. Now,” Michelle says pulling out her phone. I nod not to sure what to say.

“Mitch, I'm scared,” I say as the shock of the event starts to leave.

“So am I,” she says then puts the phone up to her ear. I walk over and kneel at Camden's side unsure of what to expect. He is still breathing. There's a large gash above his eye and the blood still leaks from his mouth. I begin to cry over his body, I don't want to lose another one of you guys.

“Camden,” I say in a shaky voice unsure of what I am doing. “Camden you have to stay with us. We all need you, I do more than you think. I-I-I want you to know I've liked you since eight grade, “ I confess knowing that he can't hear me. “I-I-I can't loose you....Your finally mine,” I say then my voice cracks and a lump rises in my throat. The tears I delayed by talking fall down hard and fast, I can't breath. Why is all of this happening? Why did I text him?! He would be okay if it wasn't for me!

“I should have taken you with me...,” Camden begins to talk then ends up coughing up more blood.

“Camden please don't talk we'll get help as fast as we can. Every thing's going to be okay,” I lie.

“I-I,” he whispers.

“Camden don't try talking, please,” I beg. He looks at me with his big pain filled brown eyes. He carefully lifts his hand and brushes a tear off of my cheek. He drops his hand and it falls in my lap. I don't think twice before taking it. He closes his eyes and I watch his chest rise up and down. I can hear an ambulance and cop sirens coming in loud and clear. I feel relief to know they're close. Its a couple minutes before they get here.

“Mitch?”

“Ya?” I don't know what to say.

“Just making sure your still here.”

“I wouldn't leave.” The room falls silent and the sirens grow louder and I can tell they're close. I relax in knowing help is coming. I hear the door bust open upstairs. “We're down here,” Michelle calls loudly.

“We need help,” I yell afterward.

***

I sit in the hospital, waiting. Time seems to have stops. None of the nurses or doctors speak to us, Michelle and I are wordless. The tears slide down my cheeks effortlessly, I glance over to Michelle her face is dark, her jaw clenched and her face unreadable.

“They're right over there,” a voice says. I look up and see Camden's mom, Kym walking towards us. Michelle stands up and I do the same.

“How you girls doing,” she asks lightly. Michelle remains silent and I nod my head stiffly. “Come here,” he tells us. She wraps us both in a motherly hug. I begin to sob uncontrollably, my body shaking with fear. Fear of losing Camden. Fear of losing Tyler. Fear of facing everyone else.

“Were are Camryn and Caleb,” I blurt out absentmindedly. No one says a thing. “Mitch do you think they're okay?”

“I don't even know what happened to them,” she confesses.

“They crawled out the window...”

“Oh...Then I'm sure they're fine.”

“Kay.” We both sit there in Kym's hold I stop crying but it seems like I'm paralyzed. Kym let us go and looked at our faces.

“Have you girls talked to you mother,” she asks.

“No ma'am,” I respond. “There's no chance of catching her right now, she turns her phone off at night.”

“Molli,” She breaths while shaking her head. I pull my phone out and flip threw my contacts. I find the one and press call. Ring. Ring. Ring. Voice mail. I call again. Ring. Ring. Voice mail. Again. Ring. Ring. Voice mail.

“I'm going to kill her,” I mumble. This time I call Caleb's phone. Rin...

“Hello?!”

“Hey Caleb we're at the hospital. Grab Cam. We need you guys here.”

“Okay.”

“Thanks.” The line goes dead and I hang up my phone. I go and sit down then Michelle and Kym on both of my sides. The waiting continues. I glance over to the cloak on the wall, three in the morning. I'm tired but I know I could never sleep.

I need to keep busy. I need something to do. I don't want to sit and worry when theres nothing I can do! This is my fault why did I have to text him?!? Why didn't I just have Mitch just drop me off and let her go with Tyler?!? Maybe if I hadn't tried to get Morgan out she would still be here... If Cam hadn't started to talk would Daniel still be here...? Would things have been different if I hadn't been there...? Maybe I should have had Camden take me home. I fill like there are arms around me but when I look down I see nothing. I don't understand. I shake my head and run my fingers threw my hair.

Time passes slowly there's nothing I can do. Thoughts consume me completely.

“Camden Johnson,” a male voice says,I look over and Kym is already standing up. He gestures down the hall and starts to guide Kym away. I look down unsure of what to do. Next thing I know Kym has her hand on my arm and begins to drag me along. I look over and she is doing the same thing to Michelle. We walk along side of Kym down threw the long halls until we come to a closed door. Kym pauses, looking at the doctor and he just nods. She walks in and I watch her getting a glimpse of the horrors behind the door. I look away and walk over to the side of the door. I sit down and hold my face in my hands.

I can't do this.

I feel Michelle slide down next to me and wrap her arms around me, holding me tight. I sit there stiffly feeling like I am physically unable to move. The time begins to pass by slowly once again it feel like all I've done tonight is wait. I stare at the clock hung up the wall and I can hear the faint ticking but it doesn't seem like it's actually moving. I feel someone come up and stand in front of me then I look up. Camryn.

“You guys okay,” she asks softly. I don't say anything. I stand up look her in the eyes and slap her across the face hard enough it echoes in the eerie halls. Caleb steps toward her protectively and glares at me. “I deserved that,” she said rubbing her jaw.

“Yeah you did. What in the world were you thinking pulling something like that,” I begin to yell at her. “Why would you be so stupid. That was not a joke. Nothing about what you did was funny. That was stupid Camryn!” After I yell that I'm so angry I can no longer speak to her.

“Mckale,” she starts but I look away then sit back in my spot. I don't want to hear what she has to say. I don't care. I can't believe she would actually do that. I hear the door open and Kym walks out then I'm back on my feet in a matter of moments. She turns and looks at with a sad little sigh.

“He's asleep now,” she states seeming rather distance. I just nod as if she was looking at me.

“So what do we do,” Camryn asks.

“Tyler's going to be out for a while so I guess we should all go home, sleep, and come back later,” she says using her motherly authority.

“That's it. That's all were supposed to do is leave,” I spit out hotly.

“Mckale it's all we can do right now,” Camryn says softly.

“I'm not leaving.”

“Come on Mckale we all need to be home for a while. You need to sleep, every thing's okay they're both fine,” Michelle cuts in. I look at her for a moment then I let my guard down.

“Kay,” I whisper. We all turn and begin to walk in the direction we came from. Michelle and I don't talk just walk the hospital feels like the movies. Gloomy. Eerie. Dark. Suddenly I feel a need to get out as if I'm claustrophobic, my pace speeds up. I follow Michelle to the nearest entrance. As soon as I step outside I get a face full of fresh air. Its mildly warm and something about it seems so....clean. We walk threw the parking lot and to the car.

Nothing is right. Tyler and Camden are in the hospital and Morgan and Daniel are dead. Dead. I can't let it sink in. I just talked to Morgan, I feels like it was just a matter of minutes ago she'd called me to see if we could do a movie night. It was seconds ago Daniel had sat on me. I never hugged Daniel. I at least hugged Morgan when I got there. I feel a numbness rising up in my chest. Time starts to pass and I don't even really know where I am. I stare out the window as the lights pass by in a blur. I don't know we are home parked in the drive way until Michelle puts her hand on my shoulder.

“Kale go to bed,” I don't say anything just nod and crawl out of the car. I go to the bathroom brush my teeth but my pajamas on then head off to my bedroom. I set my phone on my bedside table and go to my lamp off when I knock something off. I almost don't bother to pick it up but then I look over to see its the box from Camden. I pick it up as if it might break with any kind of contact. I take a breath and then start ripping at the tape at the top. I slowly open it and see a little rusty colored stuffed dog with a rose in it's mouth and a note next to it. I've seen this dog before...in his room. Why does it feel so important? I reach in and pull the note out and unfold it.


Dear Mckale

I know your angry with me I don't know why but I am already sorry. You're very important to me. Just waiting until tomorrow night then we will both be sixteen then you'll be mine.

Love
Camden


I stopped and thought for a moment. Yesterday was my birthday. I had totally forgotten, I am now sixteen. He must have done this sometime two nights ago. I pull out the stuffed dog and examine it close to my face, it smells just like him. A sad smile comes to my lips and I set the dog back in the box and the box on the table. I turn the lamp light off and crawl under my covers.

We're are Morgan's house watching movies, I am having the perfect night. Camden leaves. Three men enter. Gun shots are fired. Lives are lost. We are left desperate to save who we can. Then nothing.

I wake up breathing hard and feeling shaken. I don't know what to think, that was a nightmare. Then I remember that its not a nightmare its reality. Morgans giggles run threw my head as if just to taught me. Daniel's face tattoos itself all over my mind and I can see him sitting on me. It's so real. I want it to be real, I want this to be just a nightmare. I want to wake up. I wrap my arms around the back of my head and curl up in a ball just trying to figure things out in my head.

© 2012 Hisgirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on August 29, 2012
Last Updated on September 2, 2012
Tags: Shooting, Break ins

Author

Hisgirl
Hisgirl

Berlin, LDS, Germany



About
Who cares? more..