The grandeur moments

The grandeur moments

A Story by Herman
"

just memories

"

There is no one that is never happy as spring of each year like Skiet as he knew that he will be going to his grand parents for summer the season that is loved by everyone in the whole world as the green of spring become so enhanced that every rainy day is celebrated so heavy in the rurals.Skiet was a young man who grew up with his grandparents that he adored so much because they were the people whole he knew for years and had great times under their care as a little boy until he was 14 years.the summer of 2004 when he was told that he will be leaving to Johannesburg to live with his mother whom resided in a small town in the East of the city.He he was so happy for receiving the news because he always wished that he would someday move to the live with his mother,but little did he know that leaving the beautiful live of the rural area would be so hard.


the family was happy for him because now he can get the best education there is available.as Skiet was settling in the new province he enjoyed each day there because his mother always knew what made him feel great by site seeing visiting the city and he would imagine himself lost in the big city (johannesburg) if he were to live there one day.that summer was fine for Skiet because he was with his cousins runing around every morning after they wake up and had breakfast.as summer holidays were approaching the end and everyone is preparing to leaving so they could start preparing for schools in January, the feeling set in realising that this year forth he shall be alone so his journey of life begins here as his cousins are preparing to depart for Limpopo his past home for many years.


His mother then tells Skiet that baby i am going drive your cousins back their homes because they need to start preparing for school,so i am going to need your help in making sure that things are well around the house but the mother noticed something she never saw the whole summer break in his eyes the crashed little soul in a 14 year old knowing that he is thinking how he is going to survive without people that he loved so much now they leaving him behind to deal with all of that.the mother was such a great lady that she knew how to cheer him up, so she said take your little brother and lets taking your cousins home.when they got to her parents home herman noticed that the bricks were not wet meaning that no one poured water on them and ask his grandfather:papa why are the brick not wet?he replied to him so calm child this is the fourth day and you know that we do not wet them because they need to dry so they can be delivered.


all he knew how to do well was to herd cattles after school and wet down the bricks that his grandfather’s company produced.the most hardest handmade bricks in the world and a 5 year old wall made of these bricks need a bulldozer to tear down complete.they returned home in Johannesburg in which he managed to not cry because he had a small chat with his grandpapa before he left that if he cried his mother might bring back to Leyden so he can continue his 9th grade there.But because he always wished for the life in the city he left and managed to get home clean.he started reflecting on the great times he had with his grandpa working around the brick factory and getting 20 bugs after every chore he completed with his fellow cousins and his friends in the village.How when his grandmother use to reprimand him when he would be naughty because he was a very high spirited you fellow whom everybody knew,for some reason he was an A-student in his classes and very competitive among his classmate whom were his cousins alway competing for number one spot in the class.by that time when he left he had a little crush on a girl named caroline from 5th grade till the 8th grade when he left for the nineth.what would happen when he proposed to this little girl she would say i am going to tell my dad that you want to be my boyfriend and he is going to beat you up.so the first day of school came and he was not accepted yet to the school he was enrolled at, more frustration set in when remember what his grandpapa said to him the day he left.plus he didn’t want to be embarrassed by going back to the rural area when he bragged so much that he was going to live in the city.three day later he started at his new afrikaans school where it became hard for him to jell with everybody.he was mocked by many girls afn made fun of by other guys for not speaking the right english.he got to the afrikaans class and found them reading then he set, the teacher stopped the reader to speak to him.


She said who do you think you are to interrupt my class while its in progress and then he said with fear that i was told to come in by the principal.she then said then you shall carry on reading where she stopped,he was handed a book by the student next him with so much anxiety in his eye and started his way through the text and all laugh at his weak public speaking skills.then a year past in that school as he was managing to learn anything he possibly could and joined the art club as he was such a creative student and also joint rugby.he was blending with everyone while his little brother on the other side of town was doing way better than him. as the spring of 2005 was near to the end he start talking with his mother to let him go to his grandpapa’s place for the summer holidays.then he got a call from a cousin who told him that caroline just got out of a relationship and he gave her call that he would love to see her during the summer break.


she agreed, making him the happiest fellow since he was definitely going to have a great time that coming summer,but the thing that made him happy was going to herd up the cows in the veld and mountains next to the village at his grandfather and nothing made his granddad more proud and ecstatic that herman being in the veld with the cows.the day would start with us discussing where they were going to take the herd that meaning there is something that is going to be done in that area and it had to be at least 20 km from home.sometime it went to an extent that they would lose the cows which was the most idiotic thing they could do but that still was a good change as he was exploring so other places he hasn’t in a long time.the best and amazing past is spending a day with a girl you cared for so much for many years while everybody is looking for you be it my herd guy or family.when christmas times settle these would be time to act awesome for them so that they can herd the cattles around the villages the whole day pretending to be very far from home like always and the cow would be closed up every each on that day and new year.


life was always better in the rural villages to Skiet because there he could be anything he wanted.but back in the city everyone doesn’t get him always in school gatherings he wear formal compared to casual people that was in high school.it was like he was been elienated during the year as compared to to in summers.being in the nature have the way of stimulating the environment to have this freedom into the wild sitting on top of the mountain watching the view of the beautiful nature.

© 2013 Herman


Author's Note

Herman
grammar is probably not so good but any feed back would be awesome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
Added on November 27, 2013
Last Updated on November 27, 2013
Tags: love, care, respect

Author

Herman
Herman

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa



About
i am a writer and a blogger have been writing for about 3 years to date.i have come to love words and appreciate them in a way that i never thought i would ever do but today its something else. more..

Writing
Ubuntu Ubuntu

A Story by Herman