LOVE to DEATH and SOUVENIRS

LOVE to DEATH and SOUVENIRS

A Poem by Kelly

all those post it love letters we’d speckled o’r the kitchen cupboard doors, didn’t spell things correctly it turns out.

grief’s a wretched companion, what else leaves you sobbing with fists full of grass kneeling in front of the pergola you’d built with just the two, like some sort of sacrifice.

Hey, I’m not trying to bother you, it started..as if i were busy and she’d asked me to help her get the email down off of the highest shelf. not at all like she’d just squeezed my fragility between her middle finger and the rock shaped heart that i’d scouted.
bother. squeezed.
one was always her go-to bargain and the latter, my
notion.


and that’s it. the magic tricked us both.
i mean,
you get that tshirt that says ‘best girlfriend forever’ when it’s souvenir time, because,
well, that’s just what you
do.

© 2022 Kelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, i don't know if i got the situation and meaning exactly correct but in my view love is truly magical , so magical that it gives a sigh of bliss but only for some prior second and by the end after their departure leaves us only with our wretched heart and memories.

regards,

@r[@ne

Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 25, 2022
Last Updated on June 25, 2022

Author

Kelly
Kelly

Lockport, NY



About
i have always been interested in the small things, the way they move and work. small things aren’t just in size, they’re in feeling, and can feel the largest, sometimes. i heard Andrea Gib.. more..

Writing
WISDOM-adic WISDOM-adic

A Poem by Kelly