Something My Dad Told Me.

Something My Dad Told Me.

A Story by hxldxncxxns

I spent a night with my father the other night, and it was a really good time. I
 don't see my dad very much anymore, and that really puts a burden on my shoulders. My dad is my best friend, he hasn't always been there for me, but he has really tried his best as a dad and has taught me a lot. It was my choice to move out of my dad's house by the way, I didn't want to move in with his psychotic girlfriend who hates me to the core. The burden is becoming heavier and heavier every day, not only does my relationship with my dad wither, but the relationship with my sisters too. I feel guilty a lot, for not being there for them.
 Anyways, my dad picked me up and we caught up as we drove the streets of the
town, making small observations on the tourists that fueled our community. We talked a lot about the past, and my future. He told me he was a little concerned with my where my mind has been, and that if I needed someone to talk to he'd always be there.
The most important part of the night came quickly, but lasted forever. As
 we pulled up my mom's house we started talking about life. And we talked about happy things and sad things. But my dad made an interesting point. Living can be painful, it can seem like it's not worth it anymore, but if you take a second and look around you and the situation you're in, you'll realize how funny life really is. And I thought about that for a few minutes. The first thing that popped into my head was how mad my mom got about my grades, and from a bystander's view, it's hilarious how mad my mom can get about numbers and letters on a report card. It's a piece of paper for f**k's sake.
I think what my dad was trying to say, or what I got from it at least, was that
 sometimes life can be a b***h and it might seem like things are tough, but in the end of the day, nothing really matters because you'll die eventually so you might as well have a good time and laugh while you're at it.

© 2015 hxldxncxxns


Author's Note

hxldxncxxns
I don't really know about this piece right now, I'm going to rewrite it tomorrow or sometime soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on January 14, 2015
Last Updated on January 14, 2015

Author

hxldxncxxns
hxldxncxxns

CA



About
Greetings, this is my first time opening my writing to the public. I'm not sure what I'm trying to accomplish here but I hope I'll learn something. Thank you more..

Writing
Alone. Alone.

A Poem by hxldxncxxns