Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Goodbye.

Goodbye.

A Story by hxldxncxxns
"

Short piece.

"
I looked into her pretty green eyes for the last time. I squeezed her hand in mine,
 a tear rolling down my cheek. "Goodbye" I said, I tasted the saltiness of the tear. I love you I whispered. I love you too,  she was crying.

That was 5 years ago and to this day, I can still smell the sweet scent of her hair. It
comes at the oddest times, and always makes me well up inside. She wrote me a letter a couple months ago; I never had to the balls to reply.

The rain was coming down with the rhythm of a marching band when I saw her
 again. We ran into each other at a diner, the type of place that played 50's music from a jukebox in the corner and seemed to have an endless supply of coffee. It was really quite odd because I was sitting alone at my table when she walked in, alone. We made eye contact, I stood up, I froze. Her green eyes lit up for a moment, and she walked towards me. "You never wrote me back" she said, as she sat down. "I didn't know what to say, and I still don't". She looked deep into me for a few seconds, looked away, and when she turned towards me again I noticed she was crying. "I'm sorry, I can't do this" and she started to make her way out of the diner, but I intercepted her just before and grabbed her, "Look, I didn't want things to end like that, I know I fucked up and that wasn't fair to you but I had no other choice. I know that isn't the answer you want but I tried my best, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I never wrote you back and I'm sorry for everything." There was a dead silence in the diner,What the f**k are you looking at? I wanted to scream, but instead I pulled her out with me and walked her to my car.

We sat there for a long time. It must have been an hour or so before either of us
 spoke a word. "Take me back to your house" she said. I did, without saying anything the whole way there. We walked inside, it was dark by this time, and we stumbled around the house with no lights on as I led her to my room. We laid down, looking into each other's eyes. 

Later that week we began a somewhat formal relationship again, she told me she
 never loved anyone else during those 5 years, and I didn't either. It's funny how some things work out.


© 2015 hxldxncxxns


Author's Note

hxldxncxxns
Criticism accepted!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

" It's funny how some things work out" some how in most of your works see that you can keep on going on a straight a narrow path between emotions to a conslusion. great work.

thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 18, 2015
Last Updated on January 18, 2015

Author

hxldxncxxns
hxldxncxxns

CA



About
Greetings, this is my first time opening my writing to the public. I'm not sure what I'm trying to accomplish here but I hope I'll learn something. Thank you more..

Writing
Alone. Alone.

A Poem by hxldxncxxns