Hope (Freestyle)

Hope (Freestyle)

A Poem by HollisAnn Harrison
"

"For if you surrender hope, then love was right to leave you." -The Cruxshadows

"
Many exist, the tomes of ancient glory
When lovers would lose one another, then find their way together again.
Beyond the spine and gold-leaf pages, the hero stands alone
Never knowing where his match may be; his heart is warm, yet words, cold as ice.

Some may claim of victorious battles, yet the warrior grows tired of telling her tale
She grows silent in waiting, her heart burning a single ember of hope,
Yearning for the day she might rekindle, reunite, and reform.

As the years pass, the lovers find others, forgetting the flames that forged their love.
He finds warmth from another, and basks in his success.
She, receiving word of him, is truly proud and happy for him.
If only hope might prevail...

It could be she waits decades before love will find her.
All save that ember, she grows cold from longing.
Her memories shattered, the warrior recalls his smile, his laugh, his love.
Passed the would-be figments of her imagination, she reaches for the good times...
The best times...

A new day rises. The hero has long since parted, and she is left with her thoughts.
His laughter still echoes in her mind like music, and a tear nearly escapes her.
She grows cold again. The warrior lives to fight another day, in the midst of her despair.
In the name of hope, she will fall, else the legends of lore be true.

May the scribes offer a tribute to these lost lovers, and may hope prevail.


© 2015 HollisAnn Harrison


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on March 26, 2015
Last Updated on March 26, 2015