Letter to Lenny

Letter to Lenny

A Story by Hollow
"

My crazy uncle.

"
Dear Uncle Lenny,

We've known each other for almost two years now, and within those two years you've made such a lasting impression on my life. I know you feel bad about yourself a lot, but you really shouldn't. Easier said than done, I know, but you have such an amazing future ahead of you. You just need to learn how to ignore those people that tear you down. We all know they're just jealous that you can make a hotter man and a hotter woman than them at the same time.

My favorite memories of you all happened last summer, when I really got to see what a nutcase you are. You slept over at my house while my parents were out of town. Rather than partying or inviting a bunch of people to come over, we sat on my couch and watched Stanley on My Strange Addiction for seven hours and swooned over middle-aged celebrities, only to drive to the gas station at 3:00am in search of gummy bears and ice cream. Shortly after our crazy night, San Japan came around. You greeted me by humping my leg.

San Japan also marked the day of my very first cosplay, an obsession I now owe partly to you. Our gender-bent bad horror movie cosplays took the cake, even though no one knew who we were. I particularly love how we were given one rule by the staff in order to do our cosplays, and we broke it. "Don't scream 'THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN' and bonk people on the head with your Confederate flag."

I still have that flag wrapped around our makeshift curtain-rod pole in the corner of my room. It's a constant reminder of how much fun and ridiculous life has been in the past year. Being introduced to the cosplay community has been great for everything except my wallet. I've been able to meet so many incredible and talented people, as well as a few people that fit into the Creepy-Repo-Man category. Let's also not forget the onslaught of problems and panic attacks that have been caused by these people. Most recently, the Joker and room 344, but now I'm starting to sound like Brittany again. As of right now, I couldn't imagine how boring life would be without these things.

No one else could have provided me with the confidence to go in public dressed like Paris Hilton after a blood-bath. Now that you're done with high school, I'm really going to miss you. But, it's finally time for you to start working towards the life you've been dreaming about since the day I met you. I know you'll be able to accomplish everything you work towards, because that's the type of person you are. You're always going to be my crazy Uncle Lenny.

Sincerely,
    Haley Martin

© 2013 Hollow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on May 30, 2013
Last Updated on May 30, 2013
Tags: letter english

Author

Hollow
Hollow

TX



About
I'm an eccentric young female with a passion for art and writing. I try to write in every genre, but I prefer writing either horror/disturbing works, or romantic comedies (quite the switch up, eh?). I.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Hollow