Rin

Rin

A Story by Pandamoon

The wind howled into my ears like the whispers of a beast to come and play its deadly game, to wander around this arctic tundra spelled death for any creature. Where could Rin have gone, she was so small and so easily hurt. Over my boots crunching the hard packed snow I heard my laces snap and groaned. I bent down to see the damage when I heard it.  The growl was primal and full of hunger. I turned and found the wolf staring hungrily at me its teeth bared drool and foam dripping from its mouth. It was no doubt half mad with hunger and disease.

It lunged and I felt myself change in seconds. I felt my human side all but disappear, humanity stripped from my mind, replaced with a relentless blood lust that only this kill would satisfy. His teeth sunk into my neck and I felt the blood pour down my coat matting my fur. I kicked him off of me with my powerful hind legs and I stood to face my lesser opponent. I snarled showing my glorious white fangs that would soon end his life.

He lunged again but I easily took him by the throat in mid lunge and swung him into the nearby tree with a sickening thud that promised death. I whirled around blind in my lust for his blood I lunged my teeth and claws ready to tear him to pieces.

It was too late to notice Rin standing next to the tree watching in stunned horror. It was too late to turn to do anything but attack. I dragged her to the ground my claws sinking deep into her young small body. It was long seconds before I saw her crystal blue eyes staring up at my in frozen horror and the freckled covered nose and the hair that escaped her hood as red as the blood that now came from the side of her mouth.

I felt my wolf slide away as I held her in my arms. The other wolf was dead on impact and soon so would be Rin. Her breaths were shallow and her body convulsed only bringing more blood from her mouth. I smoothed her hair and told her that everything was going to be all right that she would be ok.

It was all I could do to lie to her as I watched the light that lite her eyes, that lite my life, that lead me from my darkest moments back to the humanity I had forgotten for so long going out.

Her body shook one last time as she cough, ravaging her body of what little streagth was let in her small heart. Blood sprayed against the white of the snow as she choked. And then she was still, as still as the deadest night.

 “No, no. Please you have to wake up.” I whimpered shaking her slightly but her head only rolled.

“NOOOOO.” I screamed in agony holding her small frame to my chest as sobs racked my body.

This couldn’t be happening. Not her, so young and innocent, she couldn’t die it wasn’t fair. Why wasn’t I the one to die when so much blood covered my hands why wasn’t I the one taken from this world. Not Rin, never Rin.

I held her to me and thought to myself I will never let go.

“Oh how sad. Such a pretty little thing, barley had a chance to live life before it was snatched away from her. Such a pity.” I spun to the icy voice that had so unexpectedly come.

I snarled protectively over Rin’s body.

“What do you want Magahi.” I snarled.
“She is not beyond saving for the moment. She is in a still state for another few seconds, but her soul is slipping away and her body truly dying. I am here to propose a deal. You will serve me, do my bidding and in return I save her life. I will give Death a much more tasty treat instead of the child. Do you accept?”

He barley paused thinking of only one condition.

“Only if you bidding does not cause great harm to anyone Rin holds dear including Rin herself.”

“Agreed.” Said Magahi quickly.

He felt suspicious but they haven’t the time and he nodded in agreement. Magahi rushed forward and grabbed him by the throat. He felt as if a white fire was being draw from his veins as she stared into his eyes her gaze unwavering. When he felt that he might die from the white hot pain searing through him she let go and placed her palm over the worst of Rin’s injuries. She mutter words her lips moving at a sped he couldn’t comprehend. He watched as the wounds began to stich themselves shut.

He held his breath for the long minutes that she worked. Abruptly she stood as Rin drew breath once more her eyes flashing open. He rushed to Rin cradling her against him as she fell back into unconscious but one of healing instead of one haunted by death.

He turned back to Magahi and really got to look at her. She was a slight woman with ageless looks. She had stark black hair that was confronting against her perfectly white skin. She had a sharp face and eyes like that of a bird of prey. Her body was lean and tall. She was beautiful there was no doubt but what was to be expected from the fey of the wind.

“I will later come to collect my debt. Together we will make legends.” She said cryptically before the snow flew madly around them as if there had been  a sudden onset of blizzard and she was gone as shifty and temperamental as the wind itself.

He didn’t know what torture lay with his life now in the hands of Magahi but he didn’t care. Rin was alive. All he cared for in the world was safe in his arms.

© 2012 Pandamoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

"It was all I could do to lie to her as I watched the light that lite her eyes, that lite my life, that lead me from my darkest moments back to the humanity I had forgotten for so long going out."
That was my favorite part. You are a really great writer. It was very emotional. I'm guessing the main character is a werewolf?


Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 6, 2012
Last Updated on August 6, 2012

Author

Pandamoon
Pandamoon

Writing
On the beach On the beach

A Story by Pandamoon


Free falling Free falling

A Story by Pandamoon


Burnned Burnned

A Story by Pandamoon