A little something for Christmas

A little something for Christmas

A Story by Hannah Marie James
"

For you to show your children once they ask you, "Is Santa real?"

"
I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was about 10 years old, I started to notice the penmanship of my parents matched what was written on the tags. After demanding an answer I wasn't given the typical "you're right, Santa isn't real. We're Santa" response. My mother just replied, "There is a Santa." So I stopped believing but deep down I still held on to a little hope.
Each year that went by I would keep one gift that I wanted to myself and would think, "Santa if your real, prove it by bringing this!" and of course it would never show up. Except one year, at age 15 I silently wished in my head for something (I no longer remember what) and the same "if you're real, you'll bring it." I drifted off to sleep and awoke the next morning with no hope that it would be there.
About halfway through presents I picked up a gift that didn't match anyone's writing, it was signed "from Santa" like most of my other gifts from my mother as my grandmother had long given up on signing them off. I asked who's writing it was even though I knew it wasn't any of there's. Everyone shook their heads and said they didn't know. I shrugged it off, tore it open and dropped it. It was what I had asked for, but to no one except my thoughts. My mom looked at me confused, then asked my grandma if she had gotten it. The response was no and the question went around the room with everyone looking at the floor in confusion. No one had bought the item that was in my hands and no one knew where it came from. Though I don't believe in Santa, it made me question the whereabouts of where it had come from. To this day (now 19 years old) I still play the night before ask for something I hadn't told anyone about to see if anything else will show up.
So far there hasn't been anything strange show up under the tree from the mysterious hand-writer and delivery person, but I think that it'll wait for a year that I need the hope, the joy, and the pondering of imagination and magic the most. So where there may or may not be a Santa Claus, perhaps there is a spirit of St. Nicholas. Waiting for when you need him the most.

© 2015 Hannah Marie James


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
Added on December 2, 2015
Last Updated on December 2, 2015
Tags: Santa, Christmas, Question