The Dark

The Dark

A Poem by Acromantula
"

Just a poem

"
My heart is heavy and overflowing with something I don't understand.
Maybe these are restrained tears, that won't flow from my eyes because I refuse to allow those kinds of people to hurt me.
They're nothing to me, and yet in the end of the day I am hurting.
I hurt and I hurt and I am hurting.
My limbs are heavy, concrete and lead sluggishly pouring into my veins.
How can I walk, how can I speak, how can I move, when I am like this.
Fog drifts into my head, after the shouting and the screaming and the mess of red on my hands.
My fingers are mindless as they fly across this machine. 
I don't understand anything.
I'm stupid.
My throat doesn't work here and I can't say what I truly feel, the demons of the darkness threatening.
They'll eat me alive, you know?
Here in the dark, I'm so so tired.
It feels like Something is pressing down on me, burning into my muscles.
Did you know that in the dark, behind everything, you're curling thorns around me?
And every time you say a word against me...
Every time you speak wrongly of me...
These venomous thorns dig into my skin.
And soon I am engulfed with darkness.

Inside the darkness, I am melting. The wax of a sick candle dripping down my face in curse words.
Sometimes I lie in the dark, and I cannot move.
I want you to hold me, for once in your miserable life and be a reliable human being.
The way I can't be.
In the dark, where there are tears and my breath stains the air.
It's vile isn't it?
My body, my blood, my breath and my mind.
It all is so useless to me.
Sometimes...when I am in the dark, they crawl over me, the words you have said.
At times these words break my joints like one would twigs in a brittle, barren forest.
They bruise me in the dark, where you are in the comfortable arms of your hatred towards me.
Sometimes, when I lie here in the dark, I give into my urge to hurt.
At times inside me, Cerberus awakens and pours out through the tips of my fingers in spidery lines.
Connecting, intertwining and merging  until the room is blackened with my pain.
Cerberus, the keeper of my Gates of Hell.
Protect the box inside this broken creature, protect it from Pandora.
Venom-drinking, golden-eyed snake that she is, with skin so fine.
Lock these gates, oh Hades, and keep the key in the pits of the Kraken's mouth.
Keep me engulfed with darkness.

My heart is heavy and overflowing with something I don't understand.
Why do you keep me away from you?
You tempt me with wicked tongues, darkness, with your eyes of crimson sugar.
But can't you see I'm already here?
I'm already deep into you, into this maze where there is no exit, where the Minotaur does nothing but taunt me with false promise of death.
Here, in this darkness, they drink from my veins and they swear that I an so useless to them.
Am I really?
You wanted my eyes, you wanted these eyes on you, to respond to your gestures and your words.
But in the darkness, I cannot see you and I cannot feel.
These words, that you have carved into my skin, they render me helpless and infant-like.
These words you find amusing, the images you paint into my skin with your fangs, shatter the light.
My mind has strayed far far away from a machine, back to a place where I cannot return from.
One day I will find the way back, one day when the archangels are stripped of their wings and the Chimera breathes no more.
That will be the day that I stand, this heaviness gone from my limbs.
But until then, this tar will pour over me and keep me in place.
Words, actions and internal demon spirits will keep me bound.
Engulfed in darkness. 

© 2015 Acromantula


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You did an extraordinary job of keeping an even tone and theme going throughout this piece. As always, love your imagery and word use. Keep writing

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on April 30, 2015
Last Updated on April 30, 2015
Tags: dark, darkness, fear, tears, hurt, spiders, demons, caves, creatures, death, sad, sadness, lonliness, greek mythology, greek, mythology, chimera, minotaur, medusa, archangel

Author

Acromantula
Acromantula

Canada



About
I like things. more..

Writing
God God

A Poem by Acromantula