Happier Times

Happier Times

A Poem by Bee

As I sit here, listening to a song that my mom used to have on a cassette that she would play in the car when I was a little girl, the memories accompanied with that song begin flooding my mind. 
My mom driving as my sister and I sing along to this song with her -- My sister laughing at me as I attempt to hit all the high notes. 
Thinking of these happier times brings tears to my eyes, knowing that at the time, I never would've thought that our lives would be as they are now. That the people closest to me wouldn't be a part of my life anymore and that there would be so much separation within my family. That I would be left feeling like I have to choose one side or another.
I've only ever wanted these people to remain close to me, always. But things change -- People change. And you can't please everybody, nor can you force anyone to stick around if they're unhappy. Sometimes you have to let people go and love them from afar, for your own sake. 
All you may be left with are the memories of happier times, but it's better than letting someone else's misery make you miserable.

© 2021 Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on April 24, 2021
Last Updated on April 24, 2021
Tags: Family, Journal, Relationships

Author

Bee
Bee

Incognito, CA



Writing
Reminder Reminder

A Poem by Bee