Trees

Trees

A Poem by Honeypot

 

Swaying in the breeze,
Silence all around
Except the whisper of leaves
Speaking in a language
Only heard by the soul,
A soft melody
Full of meaning
Not understood
Only felt.
They watch with sympathy,
With understanding so deep
Compassion so true
That guilt is cleansed and
Hope sprouts up like a lovely
Seedling needing only
To be loved and nurtured.

© 2009 Honeypot


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Trees don't judge you! Which is what I love about them most. Unbiased and unprejudiced.
So if you crash with your car you can't say that it jumped in your way. And when you're on a long stretch of road with a toilet 4 Kilometers ahead you can relieve yourself and the trees will not tell anyone! No awkwardness! :D

Only the pure feeling of oneness with your surroundings. And the goody green flavor of the air. If you lick fast enough you can taste it :D
Not really... but it would be cool if you could.

I am a creation believer so what I love most about this piece is that it portrays all the qualities and traits of its source. Qualities that we are all capable of but only few choose to exercise. It just feels right being around nature.

This poem just felt right :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews



~ this poem fills me with a sense of serenity; communing with trees does give one that feeling.
I loved the flow, and feel of this poem...and that picture has long been a fave of mine, too.

*hugs*

Sasha xx



Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree with Mike... The language of Nature is always powerful and I find many spiritual lessons in the beauty of the many trees and plants that give so much to us. I liked the way this poem flowed...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Many of my favorite poems are about trees and this one is among those I have liked the most. The last line describing a seedling that only needs love is beautiful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is a beautiful piece. I like the way it flows and the beautiful imagery you create here. You can almost hear that gentle whisper of the leaves.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely done and so mellow; very relaxing read. This makes me think of phenomenon and the comfort of the trees after the main guy passed, and the conversations that he and she had enjoyed before. Sort of a stop and smell the roses type of regard, for me anyway.
I know for myself, and I would bet for almost everyone, if they truly asked themselves and thought about it, they would find as I have that I and we never spend as much time looking at the sky, or the plants, or the trees, or each others eyes. Too much time looking at the tv, at the shrinking world around us, at the indoors, at the computer. Sometimes we need to stop and catch a breath, and that is what this poem has meant to me.
Nice job, as always, oh talented Honeypot! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your economical but meaningfull word usage makes for easy reading and comprehension. Very nice work, Honeypot--I like your style of writing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

444 Views
16 Reviews
Added on June 23, 2009
Last Updated on June 23, 2009

Author

Honeypot
Honeypot

Lynchburg, VA



About
Thanks for stopping by my page. I appreciate it and will return the favor. I've been gone for almost year. I'm not sure if I will be posting anything or not, but I will be doing a little reading h.. more..

Writing
Snow Snow

A Poem by Honeypot


Snowflake Snowflake

A Poem by Honeypot



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..